X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should flood posting = banhammer

Is flood posting adverts for guitar manufacturers against HCEG rules?
    If I posted continuous adverts for selected products isn't that spam.?
    If so why does Visconti get away with it?
    Don't pick a fight with an old man,
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Visconto is spamming no one product, he is from where I see standing up for the small builder, and as far as I know I don't think he is benefitting from any of the posting, but if anybody can prove otherwise we can temp or perma ban him.

Now as to his personality, I am not in a position to make a comment

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• knotty
      knotty commented
      Editing a comment

Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:

Visconto is spamming no one product, he is from where I see standing up for the small builder, and as far as I know I don't think he is benefitting from any of the posting, but if anybody can prove otherwise we can temp or perma ban him.

Now as to his personality, I am not in a position to make a comment

Yes you are probably right as far as hamsterman is concerned.

There must be a line though, somewhere between posting the odd picture to auto - flood posting.  I mean I could set up my pc to auto post the whole fender calalogue repeatedly. This would probably constitute a 'denial of service' attack and I would be banned. I just wondered where that line was.

Definitely borderline.  You'd like to factor in motivation, but no way to assess that.

Out-and-out SPAM usually has a particular item, a price, and a link for immediate purchase.  These floods aren't that.  They fall somewhere between GOTD threads (which I generally enjoy) and ads for boutique guitar manufacturers.

At base I don't care for them, but I'm not really bothered by them either.  I know what I'm getting when I see the name, so I can easily engage or avoid depending on my mood.

Not banworthy, in my book.  Kinda sad, more than anything else.

Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

I've considered moving him to an ignore list, assuming such a thing is still possible with the current site software.  I like seeing the small builder stuff every so often, but I don't need to see a wall of guitar models in every finish imaginable in a thread.

Comment

knotty wrote:

What should be banned is constant attacks on others.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter. </font><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.</font></div>

Comment

• knotty
          knotty commented
          Editing a comment

Visconti wrote:
          knotty wrote:

What should be banned is constant attacks on others.

yeah good luck with that. If they ban everyone who attacks you then you will be the only one here.

And I am not attacking you, just letting people know some of your history, to expose your lies.

School must have been fun...

I say just ignore if it's bothering you. I do suspect that he has a hidden agenda, possibly retailing expensive gear, but could just be a zealot.

Comment

• knotty
          knotty commented
          Editing a comment

koiwoi wrote:
          School must have been fun...

I say just ignore if it's bothering you. I do suspect that he has a hidden agenda, possibly retailing expensive gear, but could just be a zealot.

He does not bother me. I have seen much more interesting members get banned but this guy trolls from forum to forum on here and they dont mind. Thats the bit I dont understand. I am sure he drives away more posts than even he makes.

But I suppose any traffic is welcome on here. I beleive thats behind the first post zombie threads as well. Anything to stimulate traffic, whatever the content or intent. A bit surprised they bothered stopping people selling kitchens.

Oh well, it is what it is.

I think he's an over-eager fan of custom builders.

I also think he's trolling, too. He knows he riles people up, and he often responds in a way that's simultaneously clueless, humorous, and stirs the pot. Has to be purposeful.

I do click on the threads, because I like pics of guitars. I don't always like the ones he posts, but I usually comment either way. And sometimes I pick at him a bit, because I'm convinced he's just trolling.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Nah, he's fun to bug when I feel inclined.

The distance from the highest line on your wrist to the tip of your middle finger is the exact length of what?

Comment

• sammyreynolds01
            sammyreynolds01 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen people get banned for a heck of a lot less than what's he's doing. For some reason the mods put up with it or they don't care. I also thought making multiple threads in a day was against the rules.

Well, if someone does something ban-worthy and you report the thread, the mods do take action. Sometimes it's the banhammer.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• DaveAronow
            DaveAronow commented
            Editing a comment

While I might think the guy is a complete moron, and frankly one ofv the least articulate, or intelligent, or capable of putting together a cohesive thought,  I don't think he has done anything ban worthy and although there have been a number of posts supporting small and expensive builders, I don't think it even remotely approaches any volume I would consider "flooding".

Now if stupid happened to be against forum rules,  then we would have a very serious serial criminal in our midst.

No - he's trolling you

Comment

• Danhedonia
            Danhedonia commented
            Editing a comment

Still need - NEED - to see his living room.

That's entertainment.

Trooper #179. Epiphone Sorrento 50th ann. reissue, Riviera P93 (wine red, black pearl, gold), Wildkat, ES-355, SG 400, Dot Studio, ES-335 Pro, LP Standard Pro+, LP Junior , EL-00, Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Strat, Deluxe Stratocaster, Affinity Tele, Greco electric double cut, Gibson LPJ, Les Paul Special Humbucker, Montaya LP, Regal Duolian RC-2, Marcus Martini A mandolin, Valencia A electric mandolin, Savannah F mandolin, Maestro mando-caster, Ktone F mandolin, Stella 12 string acoustic, Hondo H-320, Yamaha F325, Rogue 6 string lap steel, Warmouth P bass, Vox Amplug AC30 and cabinet, Mini 3 G2, AromA mini recording amp, Digitech Whammy V5 and MIDI controller, T C Electronic Transition and Flashback loopers, Boss Distortion DS-1, Electro-Harmonics Ravish sitar simulator w/ 2 MOOG expression pedals, Epiphone tweed mini, studio acoustic 15C, Fender Mustang II V1 w/footswitch, Mustang Mini, Passport Mini, GDEC 3-30 w/4 button footswitch, Mustang 3 V2 w/ expression pedal and 4&2 button foot switches, Hiwatt Bulldog 20, Bugera V5 and 2x12 cabinet, Acoustic Lead 20, Marshall G10 MKII, NuX Amp Force, ZOOM G2Nu w/ expression pedal, SoundTech QM802 compact mixer. lol

Comment

• Danhedonia
            Danhedonia commented
            Editing a comment

When I lived in Vegas, we had a house that was larger than what we had been in before, and so went furniture shopping.  In hindsight this seems obvious, but at the time I was amused and surprised to find that the big "Furniture Warehouse Store" we visited was chock a block full of high end coke dealer decor.

Well made loveseats - with zebra upholstery.

Driftwood-and-smoked-glass coffee tables.

Bondage-special bed frames (hey, man, if I'm that into it, I'll just buy a custom made use-specific piece).

Faux-slate TV consoles.

I turned to my lady and said "I guess this is what passes for sophistication around here" (we did find Ethan Allen later that day, in fairness to Vegas).  Every time I read one of Visconti's posts, I think of that place.  He also really reminds me of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character in Boogie Nights. 

flood

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X