No announcement yet.

Vintage Arbor guitars?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Arbor guitars?

You will all probably laugh at me but I have 1980 vintage Arbor solid body electric guitar that I bought new. I am fond of it even though it is a quirky old ax. It looks like a Les Paul and a Tele had a bastard child that neither wish to claim! Does anyone know of a good online resource for Arbor like history of the company. I know they were part of Hohner family for a time.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Like to play Age of Empire? Come visit AKC clan site at http://pico-games.com/news.php! We suppport all AOE games, RuneScape, Rome: Total War, Gunz and Project Powder. Tell them Underdog sent you!

"The Queen knows of pot smoking FBI agents!" - John Lennon

Funny, i just pulled mine out and swapped out the pickups. Is yours by any chance a Voyager by Arbor? Mines got a brass nut, 2 mini toggles,one of the better necks ive felt and does look like the bastard child of a LP and Tele. Does this sound like yours??

I dont have a good camera at the moment so i cant take pics, but id love to see yours if youve got some of the guitar.
    www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
    here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

Hmm, so apparently i scared him away by replying
      www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
      here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

I also had an Arbor Explorer style I bought new in 83ish. Set neck, hardtail strat type bridge, brass nut. Played great, looked good, wish I still had it. I've seen some on e-bay but they are usually later models with a bolt on neck. I believe when I did some research the Arbor I had was made by Hohner.
        Member - Epiphone Empire

Gear-
        Hamer Explorer
        89 Epiphone Les Paul Standard
        Dillion DR-500t
        Ibanez SR-300 Bass
        Walden Acoustic

Mesa-Boogie DC-5 Head
        Mesa-Boogie 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab
        Digitech RP1000

Comment

ah, my first electric was an Arbor strat copy...musta been '79 or '80 when i bought it.

my buddy down the street had a silver burst Arbor flying V, same era. these were good entry level guitars. we paid $189-200 for ours then.
          GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...
          The Duo
          Video Clip

Comment

My first electric guitar that I just pulled out is an Abor Les Paul look alike with a sticker behind the tuner stock that says 6220AV. I can't find anyrhing online about this, and it is old and beat up.

Comment

• badpenguin
              badpenguin commented
              Editing a comment

No, nothing exists online about Arbor. From what I understand, they were a company that was started by a guy from Ibanez, and a guy from Yamaha. The first year, they had some KILLER strat and tele clones. I had a 79, I think, with a 2 piece ash body, 2 tone burst, one piece maple neck witht he frets inlayed directly into the neck, 3 singles, one ply guard, and a sweet trem that stayed in tune. God, I miss that beastie.....

Modern ones, ehhhh.... Typical student models.

Working...
          X