Vintage Arbor guitars?

AKC_Underdog

• Members

You will all probably laugh at me but I have 1980 vintage Arbor solid body electric guitar that I bought new. I am fond of it even though it is a quirky old ax. It looks like a Les Paul and a Tele had a bastard child that neither wish to claim! Does anyone know of a good online resource for Arbor like history of the company. I know they were part of Hohner family for a time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Members

Funny, i just pulled mine out and swapped out the pickups. Is yours by any chance a Voyager by Arbor? Mines got a brass nut, 2 mini toggles,one of the better necks ive felt and does look like the bastard child of a LP and Tele. Does this sound like yours??

I dont have a good camera at the moment so i cant take pics, but id love to see yours if youve got some of the guitar.

• Members

I also had an Arbor Explorer style I bought new in 83ish. Set neck, hardtail strat type bridge, brass nut. Played great, looked good, wish I still had it. I've seen some on e-bay but they are usually later models with a bolt on neck. I believe when I did some research the Arbor I had was made by Hohner.

• Members

ah, my first electric was an Arbor strat copy...musta been '79 or '80 when i bought it.

my buddy down the street had a silver burst Arbor flying V, same era. these were good entry level guitars. we paid $189-200 for ours then.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

No, nothing exists online about Arbor. From what I understand, they were a company that was started by a guy from Ibanez, and a guy from Yamaha. The first year, they had some KILLER strat and tele clones. I had a 79, I think, with a 2 piece ash body, 2 tone burst, one piece maple neck witht he frets inlayed directly into the neck, 3 singles, one ply guard, and a sweet trem that stayed in tune. God, I miss that beastie.....

Modern ones, ehhhh.... Typical student models.

Archived