Show me some guitars with mini-humbuckers!

steve_man

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DSC_0021copy.jpg

DSC_0015copy.jpg

DSC_0025copy.jpg

This is a set of Jason Lollar custom wound Mini hums.

Rather jangly I thought. but IMHO not a good a fit for the Korina the guitar is built from.

I honestly expected something a bit fatter sounding. these sounded like Rickenbacker pickups to me. only not as cool.

• Members

correct me if im wrong but arent the ones with pole pieces showing firebird or burstbuckers and not mini-hums technically?

I know mine are the new fangled mini-hums, so now Gibson has 3 distinct small hum bucker designs: firebird, mini-hum ,and new mini-hum

its all rather confusing lol

• Members

I don't really understand the point of having downsized humbuckers, anyone care to explain?

They sound different. :idea:

"The mini-humbucker is a humbucking guitar pickup (used in electric guitars) originally created by The Epiphone Company. This pickup resembles a small Gibson PAF humbucker although, it is constructed differently and produces clearer, brighter tones that are quite unlike typical Gibson sounds, and fits well between single coils and full-sized humbuckers in the tonal spectrum. It is frequently used in jazz guitars, mounted under the fingerboard or on the pickguard."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-humbucker

I have this:

IMGP0142.jpg

Archived