What were your main guitars throughout the years? What is it now?

Mr.scary96

• Members

We all know our #1 axe changes from one to another or at least I'm some cases. Here are mine in chronological order:

Gibson LS6 (tried to like it but no dice)

Partscaster (with 3 filtertrons and a Bigsby)

Peavey Patriot (had a Kahler that was great)

Heavily modded Les Paul copy

Peavey T-15

Peavey T-60

And last but not least a Ibanez Studio ST-50.

• Members

I used my Gibson SG Special Faded from 2005 to about 2008 as my main guitar, but I used on more of my recorded songs than any other guitar to date.

Right now, I'm playing my Epi Les Paul Custom and DeArmond M-70 the most. I pulled out the SG last night and was still impressed by the sound.

• Members

Aria Pro II Fullerton (first guitar)
MIM Strat
Epiphone Dot
Hamer Duotone
Fender partscaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Jazzmaster
PRS SE Custom 24
Gibson ES-339
Gibson Les Paul Special Jr

Currently, I'm playing the last two on the list. The Jazzmaster, PRS SE, and Les Paul Studio Faded still get heavy rotation

• Members

Once a photographer was asked "how many cameras do you have in your collection?

He replied "Just one, I'm a professional "

(it was a Nikon for the curious) :)

As a largely amateur guitarist I have about 10 but the Mark 1  Peavey Falcon has always been the sun around which the rest orbit

• Members

Chordite wrote:

Once a photographer was asked "how many cameras do you have in your collection?

He replied "Just one, I'm a professional "

(it was a Nikon for the curious)
:)

As a largely amateur guitarist I have about 10 but the Mark 1  Peavey
Falcon
has always been the sun around which the rest orbit

Did you hear about the golfer with one club?  ............ I didn't think so

• Members

Traded up from bad guitar to bad guitar until I got a Dean ML Baby after a few years.  It was pretty cool, and used it through about half of college.  One summer I saved enough to get a Jackson Dinky Reverse, which I owned until a couple years ago.  That was my main guitar for a few year, and through my first couple bands.  Eventually I got an SRV strat (96), which I loved and was my #1 for a long time.  Sold it earlier this year... The SRV traded places with a Frankentele I bought online - it had a '72 Custom neck and no-name body w/ the finish stripped.  Put a hot rails in the bridge and it screamed.  Loved that guitar.  The tele & my SRV were #1s for a long time until a couple years ago I bought my Suhr set neck modern.  That was my dream guitar and it's my current #1.  I have two others which I really like, but the Suhr is still my 'main' guitar.

My main acoustics were my wife's Takamine Jon Jorgenson (still have), and my National Tricone resonator (sold to help fund the Sunr).

Archived