Les Paul Recording Back????

BG76

• Members

BG76 wrote:

This is insane:

If they make 100, they'll probably sell 40 of these throughout 2014, then they'll disappear.  The remaining 60 will mysteriously show up in 2016 at half the original price in closeout sales at MF and Sam Ash.  Selling 40 LP Recording models in one year will be better than what they did back in the 70s.  

LPRCNACH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=

Maybe Henry J was trying out-Starcaster Fender.  Hopefully, Henry J is smart enough NOT to reissue the Sonex.  Now THAT would be a severe joke!  Eek!

• Members

*BLEEP* wrote:

Hopefully, Henry J is smart enough NOT to reissue the Sonex.  Now THAT would be a severe joke!  
Eek!

Oh no, I disagree - we need a Sonex reissue program like nobody's business.  (It was known as Resonwood, or Resinwood, btw).  I had one - certainly a better neck than most Epi LP-types these days, and while it weighed more than a small car, it was near-indestructible.  Good pickups, too.

• Members

There was the acoustic that had the PRS headstock and was actually made out of a refrigerator drawer (Norlin had a division that made appliances and this was made to compete with Ovation).

THAT would be a crazy reissue. 

The LP Recording basses were a lot more popular then the guitars. I may pick one up if they put one out.

• Members

I have no idea why, but I like the Corvis, too.  Curvier than a Flying V .... works for me.  Shrug.  I know from some angles it looks a bit deformed.  But I like that less-loud finish.

The "Corvex" doubleneck is an idea whose time has come!  Someone schedule a meeting with Henry!

Saw Sonexes going on Reverb and the Bay for >$600, that's just ridiculous.  $400, yes.  $600, God no.

• Members

hahaha - cryogenically treated frets. They'd rather use marketing BS than spend a few more bucks and use SS frets.

I've played the crap out of my main guitar (with stock SS frets) and no matter how hard I look I can't see ANY sign of wear. They're still perfect and look brand new. That's the advantage of a truly high end guitar. Built to the maximum quality possible, not to the highest profit margin. I realise it's "just business" but I'll pass on Gib$on thanks.

Archived