GAS'ers and Gearheads...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
    View Post

How can you hate sanding? It's so therapeutic. That's why I do most of it by hand.

Sup Jerry? Didn't I just say that?

EG

yes you did

Comment

• I'm glad that things are back here at HCEG. For all the hang ups here, it just didn't feel the same anywhere else.

Even though, I must say, that the Weiner is a great host and makes everyone feel at home.
      Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by marc758
        View Post

... that the Weiner is a great host and makes everyone feel at home.

Agreed.
        ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
        Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

• I like Mark's place. I'd hang there more if my phone liked it better.

He's a good guy.

So, Doc, how did you become such a Fenderhead? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My Brother won't play a bass that doesn't have the name on it. He has a 73 J bass in sunburst and an 09 Jaguar in hot rod red with matching headstock. That's an amazing guitar. I honestly like it better than his J but don't tell him I said that.

EG
          We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• I tried several other types of guitars, but none of them felt as good as a Strat so I stuck with them. Finally my Strat GAS is a thing of the past. I have more than enough and the ones I have are playable enough that I don't covet any more Strats, in general. Oh sure I'll see one or two that makes my head turn, but I'm not going to buy them.

My problem now is offset GAS and that's a bigger problem because they are more expensive. The problem is that even though they cost a fair chunk o' change, they don't play any better than my American Standards or my partscasters. So I don't know how far my offset GAS will go.

I Surf therefore I am.

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
              View Post

A Jazzmaster, a Jaguar and a Vibrosonic (same as a twin reverb but has an 8 ohm output tranny) with a real JBL D130F speaker. I've gone overboard.

Shee-it, Doc, when you fall off the wagon you don't go halfway! I thought I was bad when I dropped some $$$ on a Godin 5th Avenue and a Tele (en route).

Yeah, yeah, gotta take pictures one of these days.
              Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Alecto
                View Post

Shee-it, Doc, when you fall off the wagon you don't go halfway! I thought I was bad when I dropped some $$$ on a Godin 5th Avenue and a Tele (en route).

Yeah, yeah, gotta take pictures one of these days.

They should be delivered tomorrow, so once I've had a chance to set them up and play them a bit I'll take some pics along with the new amp.

I Surf therefore I am.

Comment

• Looking forward to pics.

Offsets have always been the best looking Fenders to me. But my gas is for a thinline tele.

EG

Comment

• GAS report for Tuesday.

On the rise for the Simon & Patrick sunburst parlor, the ES-330 and the Epi LP Special P90.

Holding steady for the 5th Avenue and the Gibson Blues King.

Declining for the Hamer doublecut.

Details at ten pm.

EG

Comment

• Hey guys!

Nookie and cookies for geezers and buttheads, huh
                      Great Deals

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Damn son! Not only are you a master dealer, I also crown you king of the multiquote!

PLATINUM TRADER + 20

M*B*M
                      SG ARMY: pfc, res.
                      Ibanez Art Corps

Comment

• I did it all for the nookie. So you can take that cookie...
                        Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

• Mmm. Nookie cookies!

EG

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
                            View Post

Mmm. Nookie cookies!

EG

Might taste like fish sticks.

Comment

• I'm hungry.

Welcome to our disabilities protest at the capitol.

The state, facing budget shortfalls, wants to cut all durable medical equipment for adults on medicaid. No wheelchair? Hello nursing home.

Of all the crap they could cut, why pick on those with the least? Sheez.

EG

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by marc758
                                View Post

And a stippercaster coming.

oh but i have lace sensor hot golds waiting for that...

but, what do you guys think?...v60's or hot golds in the strippercaster?
                                Equiperate EMGers club
                                Proud member of the Squier Army
                                HCEG Geezer Brigade Trooper #352

HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Zemmyfest II
                                October 8, 2011

Originally Posted by The Pope

Obama is conservative...got anything else?

Comment

Working...
                                X