Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAS'ers and Gearheads...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The post you quote easily takes the "random post of the month" award!

random post is random!
    SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

• Hey All,
      cbh, congrats on the last day
      pk, maybe consider building a easy pedal before you pay someone to do the amp to get some experience under your belt. I shouldn't talk. Yesterday I was trying to do the LED mod on the Pathfinder and ended up screwing it up. I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow that I have no experience with in West Palm.

A couple weeks ago when up late and on eBay, I put a low ball offer on an amp. Turns out I won. So now I have Crate Vintage Club 20 on the way.
      Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
      Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

• Exercise is the best medicine, because it protects the people from symptoms, by reducing the fat content, which results in healthy life.

Ya''ll are full of ****************. If you were smart, you'd listen to this guy/gal. It protects you from symptoms. That's important.
        Originally Posted by Elias Graves

I'm like a degenerate Ben Franklin.

EG

Originally Posted by silverring233

and i don't know why i want one, i just want one

Proud member of the $50 Black Jay Turser V Club

Comment

• X- I think you will like the VC20. It might be a bit loud for home use - but draw your own conclusions there.

I got caught up from the previous page - I hardly ever do HNGD posts unless it is something rare that I think people would be interested in. I think I did one for the Carvin. I think? You know, I don't even remember.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
          My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Hey All,
            pk, maybe consider building a easy pedal before you pay someone to do the amp to get some experience under your belt. I shouldn't talk. Yesterday I was trying to do the LED mod on the Pathfinder and ended up screwing it up. I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow that I have no experience with in West Palm.

A couple weeks ago when up late and on eBay, I put a low ball offer on an amp. Turns out I won. So now I have Crate Vintage Club 20 on the way.

SWEET!!! i'm a VC fan boi
            GUITARS:
            Fender MIM Standard Strat
            Hand Made SG Replica
            Epiphone DOT Studio
            Westbury Standard
            Cort X-5
            New Dawn Signature Prototype
            Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
            Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
            AMPS:
            Crate VC3112
            Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

• Hey All,

VC's rawk! I upgraded the speaker in mine to an Eminence Legend alnico. It's a decent little amp, but I think the Marshall Class 5 crushed it when I A/B'd them...
              SPAM:

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

• VC's rawk! I upgraded the speaker in mine to an Eminence Legend alnico. It's a decent little amp, but I think the Marshall Class 5 crushed it when I A/B'd them...

Big difference in price.

Comment

• Big difference in price.

I paid $260 for my class 5 used. I have the same amount in my VC20 after the speaker upgrade...
                  SPAM:

Comment

• Congrats, x! It's time!

Comment

• All;

I totally get the being intimidated by building an amp thing; I was there myself. If you're into a learning experience though, it can be very, very rewarding. My favorite amp at the moment is one I've built myself. I've gigged it and taken it to jams, it's really a cool thing to say that I built it.

A great book to get started is by Dave Hunter: http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Amplifier-Handbook-Understanding-Amplifiers/dp/087930863X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348519036&sr=8-1&keywords=the+amp+handbook - which includes the "two-stroke" project at the back of the book. At the very least after reading this book you will have a better understanding of the stages that your has and how it shapes your sound.

Another great resource is Merlin's site and books: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/ - the first chapter of his book is here: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/gainstage.html and actually a good chunk of the info from his book on that website.
                      --
                      Wagdog
                      Check out Lunar Commander on:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

• SWEET!!! i'm a VC fan boi

that's so kind of you to say! oke:
                        SPAM:

Comment

• I went to Valley Central high school...they did NOT name it after you, VC...oke:

Comment

• I paid $260 for my class 5 used. I have the same amount in my VC20 after the speaker upgrade...

vc, my vc was gotten incredibly cheap. Remember, low ball bid. Let me just say I paid in the double digits for an American made tube amp.

Comment

• afternoon all. not much happening here. same old ****************, just a different day

Comment

• I'm offended that we let a card-carrying member of the Viet Cong post here.
                                You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Working...
                                X