Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAS'ers and Gearheads...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I sent Damon a PM about it because he said he was going to try to go. I would love to have one.

I know like a lot you guys here, I am still shocked about him being gone. We became good friends from a distance. I really looked forward to hanging out with him one day in some seedy strip club drinking whiskey and hearing him drop one liners about his time as a dj in such a place.

do you want me to let his sister know? she said they are trying to figure out how many to print. she also said the are going to try to make them available for those that can't make it. i asked how much the would need for shipping, but haven't heard back from her

Comment

• Yeah, I definitely want one.
      Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

• You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• sup kdawg

Comment

• not much Jury... you? Been pretty busy over here.
            You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• got the pups in i think it was tuesday. they got here pretty quick!

Comment

• The New Dawns? How they sound?

Comment

• The New Dawns? How they sound?

havent had a chance to put them in yet. hopfully this weekend

Comment

• Tough times around here..... Mojo to all.

Here are the Jazzmaster protos.... 1 43 awg 10k, the other 42 awg 10k....

They look great Ken, can't wait
                    They are going in a Squier VM Jazzmaster, if you are looking for a jazzmaster on the cheap, I got mine for 240
                    from samedaymusic, just called and asked for 20% off... No trem, but I think I may add a Bigsby one day.. its
                    on the "to do" list, which keeps growing.
                    Originally Posted by Frets99

All guitars cost $300.
                    What you pay depends on the headstock.

Comment

• cool cool.... So... to go all nerdy for a sec... I'm adding a new piece to my 2nd winder. I've been collecting data on the wieght of wire, and its related resistance. Since the weight doesnt change, Im creating a weigh scale that my bobbins will sit on and turn the winder off at a certain weight. Since the # of turns means nothing in all honesty... If I know 44 grams of wire gets me an 8k pickup.... if that variable is constant.. I can change up the pattern and get more accurate and defined pickups, that can all vary with the same exact resistance.

Comment

• They look great Ken, can't wait
                        They are going in a Squier VM Jazzmaster, if you are looking for a jazzmaster on the cheap, I got mine for 240
                        from samedaymusic, just called and asked for 20% off... No trem, but I think I may add a Bigsby one day.. its

Thanks! Hope you like them! Yea I am on the hunt. I just sold my offset and need a proper jazzmaster now. thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• cool cool.... So... to go all nerdy for a sec... I'm adding a new piece to my 2nd winder. I've been collecting data on the wieght of wire, and its related resistance. Since the weight doesnt change, Im creating a weigh scale that my bobbins will sit on and turn the winder off at a certain weight. Since the # of turns means nothing in all honesty... If I know 44 grams of wire gets me an 8k pickup.... if that cariable is constant.. I can change up the pattern and get more accurate and defined pickups, that can all vary with the same exact resistance.

yup.............pretty nerdy
                          that is kinda neat tho know how much weight vs. # of turns = Xohms. more consistancy for you.

gone to bed folks

Comment

• Ken, Same Day Music has a blem for $240. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SQU0302800

Comment

• They look great Ken, can't wait
                              I dropped mine off at the shop earlier this week to have a TOM and a Bigsby installed. I should get it back on Saturday.

Comment

• im looking at a sunburst one.... ... tasty.... dammit... trigger close to being pulled.

Comment

Working...
                                X