GAS'ers and Gearheads...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
    View Post

Yep. It seems my company has new owners. Remains to be seen if that's good or bad.

My mystery amp looks like it may be a good one.

I think the gold top may finally be right.

EG

Sorry, haven't been able to comment on that yet... Can you give me a synopsis? Did you figure out what it was? Looks really cool.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Heel

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Heel
      View Post

Sorry, haven't been able to comment on that yet... Can you give me a synopsis? Did you figure out what it was? Looks really cool.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out it's basically a handbuilt 6L6 Champ with a kind of early 50's schematic with oddball 6J7 preamp tubes. Should be very old skool sounding. Probably around 10-12 watts. The speaker looks to be an old Jensen, probably 1945-50. Ron is putting a new power cord on it and some NOS RCA tubes and it should be ready to go!

It was probably a 40's era audio amp of some sort that someone rebuilt into a guitar amp, probably in the 60's. There aren't any parts other than the power cord that look to be newer than about 1960 or so.

EG
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• It SHOULD sound something like this old 5C3 Fender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHSJKdbo0Tc

EG

Comment

• That's awesome! So, is your amp search suspended indefinitely?
          ~Heel

Comment

• ...I got to witness a psychotic break in person...

My mother, as you may know, had a total knee replacement a couple of weeks ago...her post-operative recovery has NOT been going smoothly...after an extended stay in the hospital she was finally transferred to a nursing home/rehab facility, which also was not a success...

anyway, APPARENTLY on sunday night late they found her in a chair unconscious and unresponsive and could not reviver her so they sent her to the hospital...they then tried once AND ONLY ONCE to call my sister, whose power was out at the time...I walked into the place about 1:30 pm on monday to see how mom was doing, which was the first time that anybody in the family was actually informed that she was hospitalized...14 HOURS AFTER SHE WAS ADMITTED...

...I was not happy...

her blood pressure had started to fluctuate wildly, her pulse as well, and her kidneys had shut dow, so her electrolytes were all kinds of out-of-balance...which resulted in a complete psychotic break...

...she thought the hospital staff was trying to kill her, among other halucinations, and both monday evening and last night ripped out her IVs, heart monitor and catheter in an attempt to flee the hospital...she called me at all hours to come and save her...she refused food and water...

...etcetera...I don't see a need to describe it further...just imagine the worst thing possible, and double it...

Today she did seem somewhat back to normal, with a big hole in her memory...she lost about a week...she's still very fuzzy, and goes in and out, but they seem to have stabilized her system so I am hoping that she's through the worst of it...

now if you'll excuse me I hafta go eat the first actual meal in about 3 days...

...later...

Comment

• Jello - Just awful. Mojo sent brother.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
              My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• EG

Comment

• Good evening.

Jerry, if you can't find a lawyer in town to take the case then find a lawyer in the state. There are a lot of hungry lawyers out there.

Jello, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through with your mom. The fact that you are sick doesn't help matters.

Mojo to all who need it.

As for me, I just got back from my yearly checkup. I've gained weight but in general I'm in good shape.

Comment

• Jello, what can I say? HUGE mojo sent.

Comment

• Sorry Jello. I hope you're mom is ok.
                      ~Heel

Comment

• my god Jello. Im sorry about this. That is awful.
                        You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• Well, on a lighter note.. The Charvel will not be perfect but its coming along. After peeling off the poly coat and deciding that I'm not going to take the time to lacquer it... I started to buff the metallic paint... Didnt know what would happen but so far its fine.. I did burn through a couple places on the edge, but its doesnt bother me... looks a bit worn in...

Before you can see quite a bit of Orange peel:

After, Orange peel ever present but at least its smoother:

Comment

• damn jello, i hope things get better soon...
                            GUITARS:
                            Fender MIM Standard Strat
                            Hand Made SG Replica
                            Epiphone DOT Studio
                            Westbury Standard
                            Cort X-5
                            New Dawn Signature Prototype
                            Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
                            Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
                            AMPS:
                            Crate VC3112
                            Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

• Gotta love Groove Tubes. I came across a deal of 4 EL84 power tubes for $33. I'll need them eventually so I ordered them. They arrived today. GT doesn't even have Sovtek brand them as Groove Tubes. They just put GT stickers on the Sovteks. Classy move Groove Tubes.

Comment

• GUITARS:
                                Fender MIM Standard Strat
                                Peavey HP Signature EXP <------------------ EHEMMMM.....
                                Epiphone DOT Studio
                                First Act SFA Sheena
                                Westbury Standard
                                Cort X-5
                                New Dawn Signature Prototype
                                Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
                                Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
                                Cort MR-780-FX A/E
                                AMPS:
                                Crate VC3112
                                Peavey Ecoustic 112