Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cherry burst strat body i'm getting is a standard. i can't wait for it to get here

Comment

• Things are good, just hectic. My posting has been scarce the past month or so because I've been out of town quite a bit, and very busy at work with the beginning/ending of the govt's fiscal year. The wife is good, selling some houses here and there, and our house is slowly starting to take shape as well (though, we're just paying people lots of money, as we don't have the time, energy, or ability to DIY).

Yeah, Dad's situation continues to be difficult. However, he's outlived his prognosis by well over a year. He's having a tough time walking, and his short term memory is pretty shot. Otherwise though, he doesn't really feel bad. No pain or nausea. Just kinda chained to the house right now, so that depresses him quite a bit, and makes it tough for us to see when we visit. Mom's hanging in there too, but she's exhausted and pretty depressed/lonely. We're just happy with any time we can spend together. Thanks so much for asking!

This is the kind of thing that reminds us that each day, hour, minute, second aren't to be taken for granted. I know this is hard for you. Sorry man.
      Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

• I took my daughter to the dentist this morning for sealants. Afterward before taking her back to school, I stopped into 'The Music Center' in Asheville, where I saw a Carvin CT6M. I asked the dude if he was interested in trades and he said sure. So I showed back up with about 8 guitars, 2 floor effect units and a Marshall 2x12 cabinet.

I took in 3 guitars (Parker PM20, Xaviere XV620 and Rogue 12 string acoustic) at first and he asked what else I had. Then I brought in the Marshall. Then a Line6 floorpod plus and a Zoom effect unit. I finally had to up the ante with a Squire 51 that I had hoped not to have to resort to. With still 4 guitars left in the truck the guy finally agreed on the trade.

Here are some pics.

Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

• Awesome! HNGD!
          You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• Thanks Ken.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN
              View Post

Hi Ant - Hey how is Frank Zappa regarded over the pond?

Hi GH & Others

Heel - Your Dad sounds a little like mine. He really liked to stay active. A nursing home would have killed his spirit.

So I got this marketing reminder from Amazon about "Weasels Ripped my Flesh" (ironic - see Avatar). It got me thinking about Zappa. For kicks I went out to Wikipedia and read the very long article. Not only a very influential Guitarist, but a respected "Serious" composer as well. He was writing "Serious" pieces in High School - which I did not know. A flippin genius.

Zappa's pretty unknown now, save for the rock knowing crowd.

GH I'm like ou, I still need to discover his stuff.
              Ant the Les Paul Lover!

Comment

• First.

Hi Ant.

Mojo to all who are in need.
                Originally Posted by Elias Graves

I'm like a degenerate Ben Franklin.

EG

Originally Posted by silverring233

and i don't know why i want one, i just want one

Proud member of the $50 Black Jay Turser V Club

Comment

• Second

Holy crap-on-a-stick Marc, that Carvin is .

So was it the Parker, Rogue, X, and the '51? If so, I would made that trade, too
                  This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by seven58
                    View Post

I took my daughter to the dentist this morning for sealants. Afterward before taking her back to school, I stopped into 'The Music Center' in Asheville, where I saw a Carvin CT6M. I asked the dude if he was interested in trades and he said sure. So I showed back up with about 8 guitars, 2 floor effect units and a Marshall 2x12 cabinet.

I took in 3 guitars (Parker PM20, Xaviere XV620 and Rogue 12 string acoustic) at first and he asked what else I had. Then I brought in the Marshall. Then a Line6 floorpod plus and a Zoom effect unit. I finally had to up the ante with a Squire 51 that I had hoped not to have to resort to. With still 4 guitars left in the truck the guy finally agreed on the trade.

Here are some pics.

Nice! That is suweet looking, how's she play?
                    Great Deals

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Damn son! Not only are you a master dealer, I also crown you king of the multiquote!

PLATINUM TRADER + 20

M*B*M
                    SG ARMY: pfc, res.
                    Ibanez Art Corps

Comment

• morning.

HNGD Marc

Comment

• Morning

Very nice Carvin Marc.

The guy has not transfered the money, but it looks like Senore Penguin will be taking the Crate VC30 "Head". Anyone know him? He was in contact about 4 days ago, and I thought he was just kicking the tires. Turns out he was serious. So now I'm REALLY thinking about those Squier Deals on Amazon. The Standard would be the best bang for the buck - but the Cherry Modified Vintage is calling. Something about a Cherry Strat is very appealing. I know - buy both!!!

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                        My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Good morning

Congrats on the Carvin. That's beautiful.

Comment

• PK - Not that it matters all that much - but what is the Country of Manufacurte on the Squier you got? Is it MIC?

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                            My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• mornin. starting my 2 x 10 cab today with those Weber Thames speakers... I'm thinkiong 1 closed back and 1 open, like a wicked Mesa Cab I saw a while back....

ditched about half my pedals yesterday, including some hand builts. If I don't purge them, I won't have a reason to get more!
                              You should click here... Do it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN
                                View Post

PK - Not that it matters all that much - but what is the Country of Manufacurte on the Squier you got? Is it MIC?

Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
                                X