• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhg, much hungover today.
    ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

• I had always heard Coleman may not have been the nicest person. But who knows how any of us would have turned out if we were constantly treated like a child our entire lives and our parents squandered away all of our money. RIP
      Originally Posted by Used2BMarkoh

That's not my picture, you know - that's my avatar. I'm actually a transexual white lesbian from Kansas, but I like to dress up as an the only person more unusual than me - a conservative black man.

Comment

• Nice or not, pissing on graves is cold. Not like he was friggin Hitler or something.

Drink some water, Doc. Then more whisky.

EG
        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
          View Post

Uhg, much hungover today.

Comment

• I'm drinking plenty of cold fluids, but no alcohol today. Yesterday was my second day of heavy drinking so it's caught up with me. Just kicking back listening to some INXS and trying to veg as much as possible.

Thoughts on Coleman, or anybody else for that matter: If you don't have anything nice to say, shut yer damned piehole! That being said, I heard it's going to be a "small" funeral.

I Surf therefore I am.

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

• ...just got done watching indy...actually a pretty compelling race this year...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jelloman
                View Post

...just got done watching indy...actually a pretty compelling race this year...

Really? Excellent. So many of them are boring with the big money guys winning them all the time.

I Surf therefore I am.

Comment

• Just got back from the family meal - it's all people on my wife's side. My obligation is done for the weekend.

I have bee working with a drum machine to get the right beat for a song I'm working on. I must have played the same song for over an hour with different beats. My fingers are sore. But I think I have been doing this backwards - I think it is probably better to find the tempo first, with a metrodome - then try to find the right beat once you have the right tempo.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                  My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
                    View Post

Really? Excellent. So many of them are boring with the big money guys winning them all the time.

...it's always interesting when the final outcome is in doubt...it was also nice to see Panther and some of the other smaller teams performing well...although it was the big money teams in the end...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN
                      View Post

Just got back from the family meal - it's all people on my wife's side. My obligation is done for the weekend.

I have bee working with a drum machine to get the right beat for a song I'm working on. I must have played the same song for over an hour with different beats. My fingers are sore. But I think I have been doing this backwards - I think it is probably better to find the tempo first, with a metrodome - then try to find the right beat once you have the right tempo.

hey woody...the drum machine should have a click track or metronome setting...and yes, you're doing it backwards...use the click track to set the tempo, and then audition patterns...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jelloman
                        View Post

hey woody...the drum machine should have a click track or metronome setting...and yes, you're doing it backwards...use the click track to set the tempo, and then audition patterns...

Yup - I just went back and sarted at the metronome tempo - set tempo first. Much better approach.

It's a little frustrating - I used to be a drummer. I KNOW the beat I want. I find myself talking to a black and silver box. But yes - this is a better approach.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

MY MUSIC:
                        My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• sup fellas... drinking alone again today... i have no friends here...

we're getting ready to go to supper with the in laws though, that's always good conversation...
                          GUITARS:
                          Fender MIM Standard Strat
                          Hand Made SG Replica
                          Epiphone DOT Studio
                          Westbury Standard
                          Cort X-5
                          New Dawn Signature Prototype
                          Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
                          Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
                          AMPS:
                          Crate VC3112
                          Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

• I've stepped up my metronome work as well. Big help.

Mom's ac went out. I think we're gonna have to take the hamster to the neighbor's.

Took the kids to the movie today. There's an A Team movie coming out. That looks great. I was a huge fan as a boy.

Though I always wondered how they fired thousands of rounds and set off innumerable explosions, nobody died.

EG

Comment

• EG,

You are a good egg as my mom would say. Good luck to your Mom and the hampster.

We just started watching "The Messenger". I think it will be good, but somber.

Later...

MY MUSIC:
                              My Music Sampler

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

• Hamster delivered. Now more hail.

What a weekend.

EG

Comment

Working...
                                X