• Show
Clear All

• The Eristic
    started a topic Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

General rules:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1894264

Exception to above rules:

Spam is permitted in the SPAM Thread, nowhere else.

Designated "Official HCEG Luthiers" are allowed to discuss and display their work. They can only be given said status by me, and only after investing the time to make positive contributions to our forum.

Forum rules:

Electric Guitars is ON-TOPIC ONLY. That means any topic not related to electric guitars will be moved or deleted.

General list of topics that fall within the scope of the forum:

1. Electric guitar brands, models, accessories, etc...

2. Maintenance, Repair, Modification, Construction - setup, electronic work, parts, finishing, etc...

3. Technique

4. Players

5. Amps & effects

The following will be edited, locked, moved (to other public forums or to admin, depending on content) or deleted:

1. Acoustic & Acoustic-Electric guitars - I don't know why people occasionally like to post about them here, but they do. (Hybrids excluded.)

2. "Check out my band!" - I'm cracking down on this one. I don't mind soundclips of guitarists and gear, but promote your band in one of the general forums.

3. Posts exhibiting extreme redundancy* - Before you start a thread, let me point you to one of the most useful features ever created by man:

Learn it, love it, use it. This is one of the largest and most active guitar forums around. We've covered just about everything at least once, so check to see if there are any relevant threads still in the system before starting your own, unless it's a highly specific question ("What pickup is best for metal, EMG or Duncan?" is NOT a highly specific question.)

If there are two or three recent threads on a topic, don't expect yours to get much airtime. Do expect ridicule from at least 1/3 of the forum. :^p

4. "HELP HELP OMGWTFBBQ HLEP PLZ NOW K?! SEX SEX SEX" threads - When you have a question, no matter how important or urgent the issue is to you, if your title does not give us a clue as to what the thread is about, many of us won't even open it. You will greatly increase your chances of getting a good reply with a clear title. All-caps, spaz and/or "trick" (ie, misleading) titles will be edited at my discretion.

5. "HEY DID YOU GUYS SEE/HEAR ABOUT RANDOM THING ON INTARWEB?!??!1" - Ebaumsworld is NOT funny.

6. Parody/joke/pointless threads - We generally don't have a problem with them, and I certainly don't have any issues with humour, but please don't start a whole new thread in this forum just to make a joke. Especially not a parody thread. They tend to get out of control real quick.

7. Troll/pointless/offensive/flame/political/religious threads - Self-explanatory. These go to Thread Jail, no questions asked.

8. Post Count Whoring - Just don't do it. Anywhere. I'll delete any occurence of it I see AND some of your other posts just to spite you. :^p

9. Crossposting - This is posting the same topic in multiple forums. Pick the appropriate forum of your choice and go with it.

*If applicable, please direct new members to the appropriate lounge and/or give the lounge a bump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a question or comment, ask here or PM me. I'm interested in feedback from all REGULAR POSTERS in this forum.

Thanks,
    T.E.

• designmain
    commented on 's reply
    Spoiler

i will try my best to follow rules.

btw is there any idea to learn to play electic guitars like music bands ?  

• jhonmarvi10@gmail.com
    replied

Any guitar is fine for metal if you've got a good overdrive pedal. It also depends on the genre of metal you're talking about. Early bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple had really deep, blues inflected styles that will sound just fine through a crunchy distortion pedal and a hollow body electric. Speed metal? Not so much, the sound there tends towards the twangier, but there's no one saying that you can't be an innovator.

Honestly if you want a guitar that will restrict your tonal possibilities the least, I'd be tempted to suggest a Fender Stratocaster. Or a Sqier Strat if you want to save some cash. A Gibson Les Paul is another instrument with a really wide range of possibilities attached to it.

As far as catching a deal on a semi-hollow electric, I think you're mistaken there. The fact that they're less popular makes them a niche item, and means that stores will carry fewer of them and mark them up higher because they tend to sit in inventory longer, and inventory costs money to keep.

Honestly, I think you probably want to go with a Strat.

Leave a comment:

• kasiviswanath
    replied

Thanks for sharing the rules...

Leave a comment:

• solitaire
    replied
    1. Read Davearanow excellant post at the top of this page.
    2. Do you actually know what forum you are on?

1. Well, there is a time and a place for everything, don't you agree? The hard part with allowing only a few OT threads is where to draw the line, and I do hope we're on consensus on that.
    2. Yes I think I do, but I don't see what that would have to do with the price of eggs. Be a dear and repeat the question slowly, please.

Leave a comment:

• solitaire
    replied

One of the reasons I hang out here is because it *IS* moderated.
    I agree, and think this should be the case with the entire Accapella HC forum. On one sub forum on here at some point closer to 40% were off-topic. There are, I believe, general forums on here as well and such posts have their appropriate place there.

Leave a comment:

• LynchProtoge
    replied
    Are any OT threads allowed, as they are in other sub forums, like ion the AMP section? I like the crowd here, so I'd rather post in here, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• knotty
    replied
    I truely wish something could be done about all those Off Topic threads. There seems to be more of them than on topic ones and in turn that makes people not take this board seriously. Can't they be moved to an all-sorts sub-forum or other and should the members persist in posting in the wrong sub-forum they'd be given an infraction of sorts? I may have missed someting but hot women, dishes of food, riots, fishing... fisting (!) only to mention a few, was NOT guitar amplifier related last time I looked and therefore should not be posted in the Amp sub-forum. Even a child of five would tell you that. Why would we be any less intellecturus? Just asking...

1. Read Davearanow excellant post at the top of this page.
    2. Do you actually know what forum you are on?

Leave a comment:

• solitaire
    replied
    I truely wish something could be done about all those Off Topic threads. There seems to be more of them than on topic ones and in turn that makes people not take this board seriously. Can't they be moved to an all-sorts sub-forum or other and should the members persist in posting in the wrong sub-forum they'd be given an infraction of sorts? I may have missed someting but hot women, dishes of food, riots, fishing... fisting (!) only to mention a few, was NOT guitar amplifier related last time I looked and therefore should not be posted in the Amp sub-forum. Even a child of five would tell you that. Why would we be any less intellecturus? Just asking...

Leave a comment:

• Gas Hed
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dcindc
    replied
    QUESTION - how do I add pictures without it being an attachment? I checked the FAQ but it led to more Q for me.

13 posts above yours contains the answer, post #341

Leave a comment:

• Gas Hed
    replied
    QUESTION - how do I add pictures without it being an attachment? I checked the FAQ but it led to more Q for me.

Leave a comment:

• cochesalquilert
    replied
    I vote shill as well.

Leave a comment:

• uab9253
    replied
    I vote shill.. I thought the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• dcindc
    replied
    Dude, one post sounds like an enthusiastic owner.

Edit: FIVE sounds like a shill.

Especially when your post count is 10. Wonder what is in the other posts....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X