No announcement yet.

Electric Guitars: Rules and Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Eristic
    AfaIk, admin is planning on an upgrade fairly soon. I wish they'd get on with it, too, because it would make being a so-called "Super Mod" a lot easier.
    That's wonderful news.

As I know you know, I help operate a gaming web site that installed forums a year or so ago. We paid for the software and the company actually came (over the Internet) and installed the software on our dedicated server.

The point is that the cost, for the purchase of software and professional installation and post-sale support, was in the hundreds of dollars, not thousands of dollars. We comparison shopped carefully, and we did not try to buy the cheapest product -- we went for the product with a good feature set, excellent "usability" for both ourselves and our user base, and responsive customer support people. We think we got it -- and the price, as I said, was not in the thousands.

SO! So -- tell those Musicians Friend heros to start living large. A phone call, a check, and the job should be done. The advantage of upgrading with the same software, obviously, is that the staff learning curve (that's you, The Eristic) will be easier.

Let's hear it. Three Cheers for Musicians Friend, the most reliable, satisfying musical equipment vendor on the Internet. Hip, hip -- HOORAY. Hip, hip -- HOORAY. Hip, hip -- HOORAAAAAAAAY.
    You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
    GB Trooper #198
    'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy. (sic)
    "Ned is the Jimi Hendrix of trolls." Minitruth, Dec. 18, 2007

Comment

if this place had a nntp interface, i'd buy my next $10,000 custom shop gibson from MF
      GIMMAGE Avatar Generator
      Domain Parking Script
      MyGathering.Info Article Reader
      Tech Outfitters Tech for travel
      Apphile App store search
      The Art World of Loren MacIver
      Postpainting Online Art Site
      Apple Mac OSX iPad iPhone iPod Touch News & Info
      also..
      Twitter College
      ANIMAL FIGHT
      Commodore Magazine

Comment

I'm waiting for a wap version of the forums!!

Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
        - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
        - '06 Martin D-16R
        - '07 Little Martin
        - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
        - Marshall JMP-1C
        - Marshall Class 5
        - Marshall DSL401
        - Egnater Tweaker
        - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

Originally posted by k4df4l

I totally agree! Excellent job and thanks for the work that you do here for free. .

ya you rock
          Life is simple, you make choices and don't look back.
          My rig

Comment

Originally posted by ArKay
            Copyright

Comment

HEY!

Copyright
              GB Trooper #198

Comment

HC was down for scheduled maintenance tonight. When I logged back on just now, the first thing I did was jump to the bottom of the page -- to check the version number of the software. I was excited, I thought, "hey, this could be IT!"

Sigh. Still version 2.2.6.
                GB Trooper #198

Comment

Originally posted by guitarNed
                  HC was down for scheduled maintenance tonight. When I logged back on just now, the first thing I did was jump to the bottom of the page -- to check the version number of the software. I was excited, I thought, "hey, this could be IT!"

Sigh. Still version 2.2.6.

+1
                  "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot

SPAM References

Comment

Version 2.3.10
                    "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot

SPAM References

Comment

• So far, not too bad. I had to reset my password, but it will be worth it. Carry on.
                      GB Trooper #198

Comment

• Hi there. We'd all like to hear an estimate of:
                        1) when search will be back.
                        2) When ver. 3.xx of the software will be installed.

Thx!
                        GB Trooper #198

Comment

• HEY! The notice at the bottom of the page, giving the version number of the software, and the company that created it (Jellsoft) is GONE!

What's up?
                          GB Trooper #198

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarNed
                            HEY! The notice at the bottom of the page, giving the version number of the software, and the company that created it (Jellsoft) is GONE!

What's up?

Yeah, I hope they paid for that

"Can I remove the 'Powered by vBulletin' copyright text?

No - All copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained and visible.

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $120 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself.

Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to Jelsoft and vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates, and from the page title. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license."
                            -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                            G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                            Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

• Hi TE &HC forumites,
                              I've just posted some positive trading feedback in the spam thread after a successful transaction with a fellow forumite - seemed appropriate to follow a good deed with good feedback, I've been party to it on other forums with trading threads, but I don't see it happening here.
                              Anyway, I've seen a few "steer clear of Member XYZ - he ripped me off" threads on this forum, but not the positives.
                              Please delete my post if it's inappropriate, just thought it might help to build the reputations of people trading here and doing the right thing.

Cheers
                              Cat
                              Member of the SG ARMY
                              Serial No: 106
                              in rock n roll alliance with the
                              MAZI BEE MILITIA
                              "WE ROCK THE WORLD!"
                              Member: OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

Originally Posted by Electric Catfish

Bolt-on hollowbodys make the baby jesus cry.

Comment

• I think we may have achieved a record here on HC for the longest time that the search feature has been disabled. ANyone know if that's true? Does it just seem like it's been a long time, or has it really been?
                                GB Trooper #198

Comment

• Working...
                                  X