Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Eristic

I've never had a problem with WTB posts. One of my original policies (WAY back) was that spam was allowed only in a WTB thread. The reason being I did not and do not want people coming here just to make a buck off of our community.

I didn't allow ANY F/S/T for a long time, but I talked with some members I've known and respected, and decided a Spam Thread would be an effective way of allowing our members to sell and trade with each other, enhancing the community experience, while letting me (and admin when I'm not here) control the flow and quality of spam easily.

Keeping it all in one thread discourages some of the hit-and-run types who do not contribute to (or even hang out in) the forum, as they know their ad will not get much visibility compared to individual threads (that should not be an issue to those who are active here and see it as the community's trading post); should they choose to willfully ignore the forum convention, they will be exposed as nothing more than pure spammers who will be dealt with both by the forumites and the moderation.

How about a 'For Sale/Wanted' forum? Just a thought...
    Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

Originally posted by Dougy

How about a 'For Sale/Wanted' forum? Just a thought...

Isn't that kinda what the classifieds are supposed to provide? Between the classifieds, the spam thread and spamming the other forums, how many places to people need to list their stuff for sale here?
      spam:
      GFS Classic Alnico Tele neck pickup - $15
      GFC Classic Alnico 62 Tele bridge pickup - $15
      Trade offers welcome

Comment

I agree with your comments on redundancy. When I did searches in this forum I found the same threads repeating themselves over and over. Still a helpful tool though The search tool saved me from posting several threads in the past few months. Thanks for keeping it here!
        The statement below is true.
        The statement above is false.

Comment

Originally posted by k4df4l

Isn't that kinda what the classifieds are supposed to provide? Between the classifieds, the spam thread and spamming the other forums, how many places to people need to list their stuff for sale here?

Who didn't bother to look at non-forum parts of the site?

Me.

Anyway, now you've straightened out Electric Guitars, how about stopping people from posting their personal/emotional problems in Guitar Jam....
          Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic

I have never purchased anything from MF, and probably never will. Nothing against them, they just have nothing I want, as well as prices I can easily beat locally.

:^p

The official word on post count:

"Post counts were accidentally updated to only count posts that were still in the system (old posts that were deleted to make space are not included in the new post counts).

While we probably can't restore the original numbers perfectly, we are looking at how to at least close to them."

Personally, I lost about 15k. Some of mine were actually helpful, too.

:^|

There can never be enough Ed Roman hate. I should start a Lounge for it.

:^D

How dare you blaspheme MF! I hope they take you down a notch or two!

Yeah if you want to put my post count back I had 127,462 before. I think its now 127,651 now.

Comment

• jaheen100
              jaheen100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well women can start directly on electric. i teach all my students on electric because of the ease of playing and the fact that ladies have less strengthinthe fingers. Classical guitar has a harder action even though they use nylon strings.

• designmain
              designmain commented
              Editing a comment
              Spoiler

i will try my best to follow rules.

btw is there any idea to learn to play electic guitars like music bands ?  

I totally agree! Excellent job and thanks for the work that you do here for free. .

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky6string
              pic of sparky, post sex change, kissing my "donkey"

Think about it..IMHO, his moderation of this forum has been very unobtrusive and fair. I haven't seen any instances of heavy handed moderation or censorship. Plus, putting up with the likes of all of us for no financial compensation is quite a task. Saying thanks for that taint nuthin.
              spam:
              Trade offers welcome

Comment

Think about it..IMHO, his moderation of this forum has been very unobtrusive and fair. I haven't seen any instances of heavy handed moderation or censorship. Plus, putting up with the likes of all of us for no financial compensation is quite a task. Saying thanks for that taint nuthin.

I'm just kidding bro. I agree with you also, although coming down on certain asshats wouldn't bother me too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky6string

I'm just kidding bro. I agree with you also, although coming down on certain asshats wouldn't bother me too much.

you know I love ya buddy

#4-9 sound like a good start on weeding out the asshat population. Not being able to delete threads anymore prb helps too.
                  spam:
                  Trade offers welcome

Comment

I think you should deputize JJ Pistols.....

On second thought, maybe not.

Comment

Yeah but he seems like the type of guy that would be drunk with power. He'd have to get himself a badge and a hat. You know what I'm talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by geddins81

I don't think he's trying to play cop.....I think he is genuinely interested in folks getting their legimate questions answered, or having the ability to post their comments. Too many times, so snothead fires off on someone for absolutely nothin...

JJ's a good guy.

Absolutely. Say what you want about his overbearing tendencies, his inflated sense of entitlement, and general bad looks but when you have a question or need help with info that's guitar related he'll be one of the first to help.

I stuck up for you jj!

Comment

Hey Eristic, I noticed over in the acoustic forum they have a gear pic thread sticky, would be cool to have that here instead of posting the same pics every 3 weeks, that way we could just go browsing pics when were bored or whatever without having to search for past threads. Just an idea
                          acoustic rig: Larrivee D-50, Stonebridge 32SM OM, Takamine EAC48 Santa Fe, Takamine John Jorgenson, Takamine EC132S Roland AC60

electric rig:
                          guitars: ESP CS strat, AJC LP, Ibanez RG1570, Godin Redline1,
                          amps: Dr Z Z-28 head, Mesa F-30 head, Dr Z 2x10 convertible, Mesa Recto 2x12
                          effects: EBVPJr, Korg Pitchblack, EHX English Muff'n, Diamond Fireburst, Diamond Compressor, Barber Burn Unit EQ, Maxon Phasetone, DLS Chorus Vib, EHX SMMH, Hardwire DL8, EHX Holier Grail

Comment

Originally posted by geddins81

I don't think he's trying to play cop.....I think he is genuinely interested in folks getting their legimate questions answered, or having the ability to post their comments. Too many times, so snothead fires off on someone for absolutely nothin...

JJ's a good guy.

you realise that Jonbenet guy or whatever is most likely Warriorxtman or whatever, same birthday (dec 8th) on his profile, same questions about drop tunning to B, ongoing problem with JJ. Let it go already dude
                            acoustic rig: Larrivee D-50, Stonebridge 32SM OM, Takamine EAC48 Santa Fe, Takamine John Jorgenson, Takamine EC132S Roland AC60

electric rig:
                            guitars: ESP CS strat, AJC LP, Ibanez RG1570, Godin Redline1,
                            amps: Dr Z Z-28 head, Mesa F-30 head, Dr Z 2x10 convertible, Mesa Recto 2x12
                            effects: EBVPJr, Korg Pitchblack, EHX English Muff'n, Diamond Fireburst, Diamond Compressor, Barber Burn Unit EQ, Maxon Phasetone, DLS Chorus Vib, EHX SMMH, Hardwire DL8, EHX Holier Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist you realise that Jonbenet guy or whatever is most likely Warriorxtman or whatever, same birthday (dec 8th) on his profile, same questions about drop tunning to B, ongoing problem with JJ. Let it go already dude

intresting....

Jonbenet692005
                              Birthday December 8
                              Date Registered: 04-05-2005
                              First post: 12-14-05
                              Stumbled by. This place looks cool.

warriorxtman
                              Birthday December 8, 1964
                              Date Registered: 05-01-2005
                              Last post: 12-12-05
                              spam: