Holy Moly - Suhr Standard Spalt Maple

Visconti

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PurpleTrails wrote:

Hate to say it, but I think that looks meh.  They've all but covered and obscured the spalt, and I don't think the pau ferro neck looks particularly good combined with the body finish.  It may play great, but it doesn't make me tingle.

The Pau Ferro would work if they left it natural and lost the pickguard.  It's a fail.

• Members

danswon wrote:

I love it (the original Suhr pic). Would love it more if it hard a hardtail bridge

What's cool about Suhr is they don't build a bunch of guitars to hang on a wall in a cold guitar store.

You contact Suhr and custom order the guitar with all of your specs and it will be less expensive and better quality than Fender.

• Members

Visconti wrote:

If you don't like quality built guitars that's your problem.

Viscont, Visconti, quality and bling don't have to be two of the same.  A lot of people don't like bling and bling doesn't equate to quality.  For example, I find Suhr's gaudy but I know they are made well.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

If you weren't such amateurs, then you would know that quality and tone only come from combining 100 gaudy finish options on a plank of centuries-old wood shaped like someone else's intellectual property.

If you can't afford a Suhr you'll just have to get the Made in Mexico Strat.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived