X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stratocaster turns 60 this year!

Hard to believe, it still looks so young! But seriously, what other new products from 1954 still look cutting edge?

I recently wrote this blog post about the Strat and some famous players:

http://icarusanybody.blogspot.com/20...in-fender.html

Who are your favorite Strat players?

Knopfler
    Hendrix
    Blackmore

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Knofler. But the 54' Corvette looks cutting edge as well

Comment

• wankdeplank
        wankdeplank commented
        Editing a comment

Great read, thx for sharing.

Hank Marvin

Dave Alvin

Mark Knopfler

Happy 60th birthday to the Strat

I've never owned one. I don't know why. I just never got around to buying one.  My brother had one briefly (he won it in a competition - lucky bugger) and sold it to buy a synth (this was back in the days when synths were starting to take over the world).  As I recall he wouldn't let me anywhere near it. Brothers eh?

Arguably (though I'm sure Les Paul afficionados will chime in with objections here) the most iconic guitar of all time.

Oh and as to the question re fave players:

Hendrix (of course)
      RIchard Thompson
      Adrian Belew

http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

I remember a 90's MIM my cousin refinished to shell pink. Most kick ass pink finish I seen

Comment

• Bucksstudent
          Bucksstudent commented
          Editing a comment

Richard Thompson Strat.jpg

This Richard Thompson's restored Strat from the fifties. He used it as his main guitar from the early seventies into the mid-nineties. Believe it or not, this was the only one he took on tour all those years, and he used it on classics like "Shoot Out the Lights," and "Walking on a Wire."

This is also the guitar that Mark Knopfler was hearing before Dire Straits...

RT is the reason I play a Strat at all. Before him, I didn't like Strats. They're awesome instruments.

Attached Files

Comment

Ty Tabor used a Strat Elite in his early days, and he's one of my favorites.

Just about all notable guitarists have used a Strat at some point. I don't think it's ever passed out of popularity!
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Sheraton
            Sheraton commented
            Editing a comment

Lots of great players already mentioned.  One more:

Ry Cooder

Working...
        X