Dearmond Jetstar?

jimtalkbox

• Members

Does anyone have experience with these? I saw some pics the other day, and even though I know I needed to curtail my guitar related spending, it revved up my GAS levels to an all time painful high! I really want a red set neck one with Goldtones in it. Does anyone have experience with these? If you got pics of them, I'd definitely love it.

Even better, if you have one to sell, I'll possibly buy it from you or trade for it. I've got a Tokai Love Rock ('59 style with a BG PUF in the bridge), a modded Epi G-400 (Alpine White with BG Buckers, allparts Maestro and Gotoh Vintage locking tuners) and a Jay Turser Hawk 12 electric (sort of a rick' style guitar, but much wider neck.)

• Members

Where were you about a month ago? I had a red Jetstar w/Goldtones, set neck and OSCH listed here on HC for sale or trade. No bites. I was asking $350. I finally traded local for an Epi Sheraton.

It was a very good sounding guitar but a little heavy.

• Members

Where were you about a month ago? I had a red Jetstar w/Goldtones, set neck and OSCH listed here on HC for sale or trade. No bites. I was asking $350. I finally traded local for an Epi Sheraton.

It was a very good sounding guitar but a little heavy.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I didn't know how much they were going for, but that's WAY less than I thought. I would have bought that outright.

What were your thoughts on the guitar? Quality? Good tone? Any old pics?

To be honest my guitar-lust changes subjects fairly frequently. One week it's a Gibson SG Standard, then a '61 reissue, then a Kay Jazz II reissue now a Dearmond Jetstar. It's a curse.

• Members

The one that got away.

Good quality build. Korean. Possibly Samick, I don't know for sure. Pups were American made and sounded quite good. Think bright PAF.

Jet-Star003.jpg
Jet-Star013.jpg

Gah! I suck at life! I would have bought that in a heartbeat! OH THE GAS PAINS!

• Members

The original Guild Thunderbird, on which the DeA Jetstar was modeled, was even cooler...

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-9975-1965-Guild-Thunderbird

The original Guild Jetstar was a stripped down "junior" model.

http://www.artichokeguitars.com/published/our_collection/dat/jetstar50_body_b.jpg

:cool:

Holy crap! A built in guitar stand? That's crazy cool. :eek:

130184189871-2.jpg

130184189871-10.jpg

• Members

Had one, sold it when I bought my first Les Paul, thinking that I didn't need another humbucker guitar, realized that I missed it and bought another one. Like others, I really like the GoldTone pickups. I also like the "Gumby on acid" shape, although many don't.

• Members

I seriously... seriously... SERIOUSLY want one of these. I've scoured the internet, this forum, other forums, countless craigslist sites all over the country and nary a Jetstar is to be had.

If someone out there makes a suggestion, provides a link, knows a person selling one, etc. that directly leads me to owning one of these Jetstars (in excellent condition), I will be FOREVER grateful. I'm even toying with a $20 Paypal reward to the person who directly is responsible for me owning one of these. (Limit 1, I'm not made of money you know...)

• Members

they are very nice and rare guitars, especially if they have the goldtone pickups! grab it! Brian Krashpad has one so you'll probably hear from him...
:thu:

Haha, good call.

I loves me my Jet Star!

This here is my Ruby:

64187965_109d547812_o.jpg

They really are neat guitars. Mine is definitely in the "keep" pile. I have had a couple other GoldTone equipped M-series DeArmond guitars, but they sounded so similar to the Jet Star, yet looked more like LP's, that when I got a couple Gibson LP's I sold the M-series ones as being kinda redundant.

I have many happy memories with Ruby! Always gets looks and compliments with that unusual shape.

101502BKleanBack.jpgredcrossSDBKair.jpg

51201behindhead.jpg11704RussBKJT.jpg

Although mine is not for sale, the lead singer in my side band has one that's just like mine, here is one of the rare times he gigged it:

P0005517-435x390.jpg

If the OP is interested, he would probably sell this for $350, and iirc it has a hsc (but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure). I talked to him about it, since he'd been saying he needs to sell some guitars he doesn't play (he has since settled on a Ric 620 as his main guitar and always gigs that one to the exclusion of others). He will have to figure out what he's done with it though, as it's been so long since he's played it he's not sure if it's at home, his store, or at church.

• Members

I will PM you later today Brian. THANKS!

Sure, no worries. Hopefully we can work out a win-win for everybody. It's a shame that his hasn't been played for so long he's not even sure where it is!

That ain't right. :thu:

All this talk of Jet Stars has me thinking I need to use mine at my show on this Thursday. ;)

• Members

very cool guitars. a bunch of people around here (myself included) bought them from some VH1 save the music fund raising thing where they were getting blown out for 200 bucks if I remember correctly. I ended up selling mine to fund an SG purchase but I would love to have another one if the opportunity presented itself. great sounding/feeling guitars.

Archived