The World's Greatest Tribute Bands

JRicoC

• Members

Anyone watch this show on AXStv?  It airs live at 11:00pm EDT on Monday night.  Tonight they're having a Metallica Tribute band.  Last week's show featured a somewhat uneven Queen band (with a lefty guitarist).  Two weeks ago they had a Doors band.

Anyone watch this at all?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sailorofdarknes wrote:

I havn't herd of this show, but then again I don't have cable.  If you want to see the best cover band of all time look up LED ZEPAGAIN of sourthen Cali.  Simply awesome.  

Dan

Maybe they'll get them on in the future.  The show is shot at The Roxy ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Hollywood U2 show was not bad; probably the best thus far.  They did 80 minutes.  We all recognize that The Edge is not the most amazing guitarist out there, but the guy did a good job of capturing that "Edge"  feel, phrasing and sonic palette, without bombarding us with stomp boxes.

Next week: Rumours ...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Anyone catch that Beatles show?  It was the best one so far.  They did three sets (as you might expect): Brit Invasion, Sgt. Pepper, Let It Be, etc.

Tonight's show: Guns-n-Roses.  I think I'll pass ...

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

Anyone catch that Beatles show?  It was the best one so far.  They did three sets (as you might expect): Brit Invasion, Sgt. Pepper, Let It Be, etc.

Tonight's show: Guns-n-Roses.  I think I'll pass ...

Unfortunately, I tried to watch the Guns-n-Roses show last night. They were terrible. The singer wasn't even close. Got through 3 songs and that was enough. I've seen local cover bands do a better job than these "pros".

• Members

I thought the Which One's Pink show last night was pretty good, if you ignored the "cheating" element of it. I'm not so much into the performers' looks unless it is a "theatric" artist like Bowie or Cooper, so the Police guys appearance did not bother me that much. However, a Pink Floyd tribute band with three guitarists and two full-time keyboardists is a bit much. They sounded good on most of the songs, but at times they had seven guys on the stage!

Thought it was pretty funny when the lead guitarist botched the outro solo of Another Brick ...

• Members

I thought the Pink Floyd guys were one of the best I've seen. I agree they were way more substance and less visual fluff. I'm ok with wigs and crap, but get the freaking singing and musicianship first, man.

That poor lead guy muffed the outro lead, then next song forgot to turn off the harmonizer before talking....oops. I may be a bit of a purist, but tracks, harmonizers, pitch correction are fake as heck and have no place in anything billing itself as a 'live concert.' At least he said they don't use tracks, and they were clearly singing harmonies on several songs.

Very talented guy, though, and they did a good job on most of the tunes. I would have liked to hear something from Pigs or Meddle, but I guess with only 60 minutes you have to hit the biggest songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived