No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigfatmonkeyboy
    started a topic The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

Right.

Following on from the 'more cliques' thread, I would like to formally start

THE OFFICIAL YAMAHOLICS ANONYMOUS ASSOCIATION (YAA).

Easy to join, simply post a pic of your yammy, and add "Yamaholic" to your sig.

Here's mine:

SL500 Studio Lord

SG500

Welcome to our first member, Electric Blues.

Now....

lets see 'em.

• Knight Templar
    replied
    Let me add few more pics to this iconic thread......
    That's Yamaha RGX621DM from 1996.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AlexMC
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexMC View Post
    I've just listed my RGX 520FZ on eBay UK if anyone is interested... Great features including Grover barrel tuners, string through body and individual tailpieces, with a comfortable body shape, good upper fret access and superb sustain.

It's in excellent condition and comes with a Hiscox flight case; neither have ever left my house. Looking for £260.

This guitar has now sold... But I've just spotted a beautiful Yamaha MSG/Image custom on eBay, what a stunning instrument!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Ima...item33a9fadfba

Leave a comment:

• Jkater
    replied
    Originally posted by Ratae Corieltauvorum View Post
    I do believe I/We deserve a place in this establishment

A3CR, awesome preamp, it's replacing the Faith Venus my son and I share, and loved so very much. Sorta what you think a Taylor 314CE should sound like, the Faith, beautiful guitar, but this has something extra, neither of us can put our fingers on it, so sweet.

and my son has reverted from the more hybrid necked NTX700, to the traditional classical necked NCX900, but with da flamez

Wow, that's gorgeous. In Yamaha's model numbering, 900 is usually really high end. Is it the case here?

Leave a comment:

• Jkater
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexMC View Post
    I've just listed my RGX 520FZ on eBay UK if anyone is interested... Great features including Grover barrel tuners, string through body and individual tailpieces, with a comfortable body shape, good upper fret access and superb sustain.

It's in excellent condition and comes with a Hiscox flight case; neither have ever left my house. Looking for £260.

That's a Beauty!

Leave a comment:

• AlexMC
    replied

Yamaha RGX 520FZ electric guitar in Musical Instruments, Guitars & Basses, Electric | eBay

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard070661
    replied
    TA-70 (TS-60 and P-100)

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/index.php
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
    replied
    Originally posted by koiwoi View Post
    I guess I fit the Yamaho category. Current stable of Yammies:

FG180 acoustic (1971)
    FG450SA acoustic (1990's?)
    LL6 Acoustic (Recent?)
    SG2000 electric (1978?)
    GC-10 classical (1970)
    Plus 2 more cheapie classicals

The LL6 is my main "purely acoustic" guitar for when I need to be loud and proud without amplification. The SG2000 is my go to when I need a LP type sound. The FG450SA is my beater for situations where damage/theft are a risk. The GC-10 is the only classical I enjoy playing now, but I'd never gig it.
    Koiwoi, I recently acquired an LL6. I'm pretty sure it's among the sweetest acoustics I've ever heard

Leave a comment:

• DarkEmperor
    replied
    Here are my addictions From L to R yamaha D6, rgx421dm, rgx821dmr, rgx821dmr

Leave a comment:

• travisty
    replied
    A couple of my now several Yammies, with obligatory HNGD posts to boot. The AE-18 arrived yesterday. The other one I've had a couple of months but hadn't posted.

As a newbie, the AE-18 threatens to become my go-to guitar for learning purposes. Action is almost as nice as the SA2200 I started on (though a tad tougher on the fingers). Though the SA2200 does an even better job tonally (IMNSEO (in my not so educated opinion)), the AE-18 is quite nice, and in my limited living room volume does better without amplification.
    Yamaha AE-18 Yamaha YEG-100a

Leave a comment:

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
    replied
    Originally posted by Virgman View Post
    I'd like to own a Yamaha guitar but I haven't found one on sale for $50.
    I actually found a rather nice FG350(??) for £6 in a charity shop once, didn't have six quid and didn't have a card to take some cash from the ATM next door

Leave a comment:

• Virgman
    replied
    I'd like to own a Yamaha guitar but I haven't found one on sale for $50.

Leave a comment:

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
    replied
    I do believe I/We deserve a place in this establishment

A3CR, awesome preamp, it's replacing the Faith Venus my son and I share, and loved so very much. Sorta what you think a Taylor 314CE should sound like, the Faith, beautiful guitar, but this has something extra, neither of us can put our fingers on it, so sweet.

and my son has reverted from the more hybrid necked NTX700, to the traditional classical necked NCX900, but with da flamez

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ratae Corieltauvorum; 11-12-2014, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Preacher
    replied
    Wow, that's beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Black Elk
    replied
    Here's my Yamaha.... A beat up old RGX-TT I found (in of all places) a pawn shop for __cheap____. It is all scratched and chipped, it's missing a knob, the switch tip and a screw from the bridge, but it has one of the best necks I have ever put my hands on. The guitar "feels" really good. Sound wise, it is very versatile. You can split the coil on the bridge humbucker (Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck) and get Strat tones with the bridge and middle pickups. Or you can fully engage the bridge humbucker and get a range of H or H-S tones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X