The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by alanhindle
    View Post

Does anybody know whether these can be swapped out for a Floyd Rose or how I can check to make sure it can?

Sorry I missed this earlier. One quick way is to measure the trem posts (the one that actually go into the body at the bridge) from center to center. Most aftermarket bridges will tell you what distance works for them. For insatce, GFS sells on bridge for " 71-76mm apart" and for "2 7/8" center-to-center." If your posts fit the bill, then you can often just remove the old bridge and drop in the new one. Sometimes they require a small amount of routing at the back of the cavity.

I am seriously considering this my RGX211 but havent done anything about it yet.
    Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

• Just a heads up: using Live Search for Yamaha guitars will yield either a 7% or 8% discount right now! Just discovered it.

I also found a SA2200 for $1349 with 10% cashback!

Comment

• I am extremely impressed with my newest acquisition. After trying many, many, 335 style guitars I took a gamble and came out a winner on this one. My only question is why doesn't everyone own one of these I mean seriously. I have never seen better quality on any other guitar under $5000. Well without further ado here she is:

Yamaholic

Comment

• Love this thing so much I already started saving for an SBG
          Yamaholic

Comment

• Very nice looking indeed.

Your question is a good one, and maybe best answered by the fact that Yamaha guitars tend to be underestimated in general by most people. It's perhaps the fact that Yamaha make guitars that cater for the beginner end of the market right up to high end guitars, using the same brand name.

Gibson and Fender use Epiphone and Squier for their lower end of the market guitars, so you're never going to see a brand new $200 Gibson or Fender, whilst you do with Yamaha and their Pacifica 012 and 112's.

The people who have posted in this thread know differently though

Good luck in finding an SBG. Just bear in mind that the natural tones of the 1000 and 2000 do differ by quite a bit.
            Electric: Gibson LP Classic, Fender American Deluxe Strat, Vintage AV6P

Acoustic: Yamaha APX500

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thelemac
              View Post

I am extremely impressed with my newest acquisition. After trying many, many, 335 style guitars I took a gamble and came out a winner on this one. My only question is why doesn't everyone own one of these I mean seriously. I have never seen better quality on any other guitar under $5000. Well without further ado here she is:

And the amazing thing is that, as nice as our pics of our SA2200 are, they don't even do justice to the thing in real life. I have owned my SA2200 for more than four years now and I'm still going at how beautiful it is.

PS: don't forget to start an NGD thread as this (Yamaholic) thread is mostly populated by the already initiated and so a new thread about your new guitar would reach way more people from this forum. Then please, post a link to that thread in this one so we can jump in!

Huge congrats on a great acquisition. You're gonna love that guitar for a long time.
              __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

• I am no photographer I really wish I could somehow take a photo that could do it justice. The color comes out more red or orange than it really is. It is more of an iced tea burst on honey burst. Also Jkater I would like to thank you personally for the recommendation and the pics that you have posted as it was definately a contributing factor in my purchase. I fortunately had experience with Yamaha Instruments before from playing the saxophone for more years than I care to remember. About 10 years ago I just needed a change. I traded the sax for a guitar and never looked back. I just wish more people could try these out in person.
                Yamaholic

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thelemac
                  View Post

I am no photographer I really wish I could somehow take a photo that could do it justice. The color comes out more red or orange than it really is. It is more of an iced tea burst on honey burst. Also Jkater I would like to thank you personally for the recommendation and the pics that you have posted as it was definately a contributing factor in my purchase. I fortunately had experience with Yamaha Instruments before from playing the saxophone for more years than I care to remember. About 10 years ago I just needed a change. I traded the sax for a guitar and never looked back. I just wish more people could try these out in person.

You're very welcome thelemac. Your guitar is a real beauty. What made me pick it among all the many (very many) semis I tried was the neck and playability as well as the feel of great quality it has. It's a superior instrument in many aspects.

My pics also don't quite capture the true color nor the subtleties of the sunburst. And few have a chance to try it in person. But it's one of the better known high end Yamahas and quite a few pros have it as their number one.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jkater
                    View Post

Little known fact: Yamaha's Grand concert classical guitars are direct (litteraly) descendants of Torres school of guitar building. From an early stage, many years ago, they (Yamaha) recruited the spanish masters whose names everybody know to design the Yamaha concert guitars and thoroughly train their luthiers. So the reason that Yamaha Grand concert classicals are among the best in the world is not a thing of chance or due to the genius of Yamaha builders but more because of Yamaha's "sky is the limit" approach to building concert classicals. Andres Segovia's Yamaha was tailored for him and became the GC-71 (heard of that one?).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/jkater/YAMGC.jpg >

Very educational!
                    "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." (Edward Gibbon)

"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." (Alan Morgan)

"Guitar Forums FAQ's: Why Not?"

Eagle River Manifesto on religion.

Troll-Alt-Delete

Comment

• If anyone is interested, there is a nice looking 1981 SG1500 being sold by a reliable company on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Yamaha-S...742.m153.l1262

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus
                        View Post

If anyone is interested, there is a nice looking 1981 SG1500 being sold by a reliable company on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Yamaha-S...742.m153.l1262

doc has been looking for an SG2000. This one might interest him and it's not far from where he lives. I'll PM him to point it out.

Comment

View Post

doc has been looking for an SG2000. This one might interest him and it's not far from where he lives. I'll PM him to point it out.

Thanks, Jkater. I posted it hoping it would interest someone here.

Oh, and you should have left your original post. It was funnier!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus
                            View Post

Thanks, Jkater. I posted it hoping it would interest someone here.

Oh, and you should have left your original post. It was funnier!

I looked at this auction and the 1500 is more like a Les Paul (set-neck, rosewood fretboard) and doc has plenty of those. Still I did PM him about it.

Comment

• Here are some Yamaha deals that might interest some of you guys (I wish Daddy's shipping was more reasonable...they are more than double the price of GC used).

SE603 for only $89....if I lived near Salem, NH I would almost definitely hit it... http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM7174

RGX211 for $99....I've got pics as MGR emailed me some...missing a fine tuner and has a Duncan Invader in the bridge.. http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=688485

SE350 for $139..not a great deal, but not bad.... http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM01039

RGZ321P for $175 (w/ hard case) seems to be a decent price... http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=688485

RGX312 for $179...again just average pricewise...

http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM8156

RGX610P for $180....no pic unfortunately... http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=668243

RGZ612PL for $209....ahh, if only I were a lefty...

http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM7108

PAC612V for $299....look at the black flame cap.. http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM1101A

Comment

View Post

And the amazing thing is that, as nice as our pics of our SA2200 are, they don't even do justice to the thing in real life. I have owned my SA2200 for more than four years now and I'm still going at how beautiful it is.

I can understand how you feel buddy. Although my RGXTT is not as gorgeous looking as the SA2200s, I am still in awe of how cool she looks and the outstanding quality nearly a year after the purchase, considering the price I payed!

It was less than that of the Mexican Standard Strat/Tele!
                                Guitars:
                                1985 Yamaha SG 200
                                2005 Yamaha classical CG-111C

Amp:
                                2001 Yamaha DG60-112

Effects:
                                Yamaha Magicstomp Mark 2(for delays and reverbs)
                                Vintage ProCo RAT
                                DOD250 Overdrive
                                DOD FX-65 Chorus

I am an insane YAMAHOLIC!!!!

I am an insane YAMAHOLIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X