The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by LaXu
    View Post

Yeah, Mike Stern model. It took me a while to get used to the radius and given the choice I'd go for something flatter but it hasn't caused any problems, the guitar plays really well and is very comfortable.

With the stock S.Duncan humbuckers I thought the guitar was way too dark sounding for my tastes and I generally like my tones dark. Especially the bridge pickup sounded TOO thick through my Diezel Einstein combo. If I remember correctly Stern uses Fender amps so it could go better with those. Thankfully the pickup swap cured the problem in my case, especially since I've wanted a P90 guitar but also a singlecoil tele so I kind of combined both here.

I also had this Pacifica 812WX, but never quite bonded with it. Shame, cause it was a real beauty:

That may be the best looking pacifica I have ever seen.
    www.myspace.com/se7enevermusic Original material
    www.myspace.com/popkillermusic Covers
    Drill Sgt, Special Forces: SG Army, UK Division.
    Founder: Yamaholics.
    Happy Hacks Assoc.

Originally Posted by Gilgators

I now feel completely confident jumping to the following conclusion.

YOU, bigfatmonkeyboy, are .... Eric Idle's son!

Originally Posted by aenemated

you want the blocks? come get the blocks and don't **************** with me!

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Now I have big GAS for that Mike Stern Tele...
      Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Small Stone
        View Post

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Now I have big GAS for that Mike Stern Tele...

I tried the MS sig (PAC1511) and it is like all the high end Made-in-Japan Yamahas. You can feel the quality the second you hold it. It does not have the contoured back (which I thought is a nice touch on the 302S) but a regular slab just like a traditional tele.The body is a little fancier than a Fender tele with a very high grade of tonewood and nice appointments like binding around the top. I also find the shape to be more elegant than the tele (just a taste) but some Fender purists would say that it is not the "right shape". Someone told me that about my SA2200. He said that the shape of it was "wrong".

Here's a pic of my semi-acoustic with the "wrong" shape :

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Small Stone
          View Post

Don't forget to check out (IF you can find one) an SJ550

Comment

My newest yammy.....

more pics in the NGD thread.
            Happy Hacks Assoc.

Comment

'82 Studio Lord.

Other Yamaha equipment includes a couple of stage-pianos, a couple of synthesizers, a couple of Q-series equalizers, MX mixer, and a six-port MIDI interface
              Guitars: Enough
              Amps: Enough

Comment

^^

The 102SD is a beautiful guitar. Every time I see one I want to buy it. Congratulations.

I would like to solicit opinions about the Pacifica 412. What are the opinions about the PAC412, fellow Yamaholics?

Comment

These don't come around very often on ebay and sparks will fly before the auction ends but for the Yamaha connoiseurs, this might be interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Weddingto...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks a bit beat up. I wouldn't buy it over a SG but thought I would give a heads up to the forum members.
                  Good dealings with: cavpilot, dcindc x2, Mike Fiasco, SnoMan97, steve man, id-man, Dmerge, teleman, frankthomson, shooto, homestar_kevin, Tweedledee, tomh777, Chairborne, rwingsfan, adamthemute, DaveAronow, caelum7, Steve the Hero, Highway_61, ChiRocker, Backerhacker, Ital Stal, Jzbass25, ihscout2, robidon, Billystrat, mtnb1kr, alerich, TheIgnoramus

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Highway_61
                    View Post

^^

The 102SD is a beautiful guitar. Every time I see one I want to buy it. Congratulations.

I would like to solicit opinions about the Pacifica 412. What are the opinions about the PAC412, fellow Yamaholics?

Very good, certainly worth a look if you are in the market for something stratty. The finishes on them are lovely. Don't know too much about the pups, but I believe the 412 is being discontinued as the 112 has been upgraded so much, so grab while you can.
                    Happy Hacks Assoc.

Comment

Pac 812w still a favourite

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatmonkeyboy
                        View Post

Very good, certainly worth a look if you are in the market for something stratty. The finishes on them are lovely. Don't know too much about the pups, but I believe the 412 is being discontinued as the 112 has been upgraded so much, so grab while you can.

Thank you very much. How much should one pay for 412, do you think?

And to Bonerman, two questions: did you have a different screen name at one time? Also, did you swap the stock trem for a Wilkinson?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tincob
                          View Post

I wouldn't buy it over a SG

I would...those are rare and very nice guitars. SGs are all over the place.
                          it wasn`t me

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zenbu
                            View Post

I would...those are rare and very nice guitars. SGs are all over the place.

Indeed!

The one on e-bay has been shamefully beaten up.

What moron would do this to such a fine guitar?!
                            __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Dang! Some great looking Yamahas were hiding on HC!!!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Highway_61
                                View Post

And to Bonerman, two questions: did you have a different screen name at one time? Also, did you swap the stock trem for a Wilkinson?

Yes I did have a different name, I still hangout here a lot just dont post anymore. Except for these yammy threads and only to promote the yamaha guitars becasue I think they are so underrated.

The wilkinson trem is stock as are the sperzel locking tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups.

I am not sure about the spec of current 812w if infact the model is still in production.

I am still on the look out for a floyd equiped higher end Pac

Comment

Working...
                                X