Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by k_strat
    View Post

I'll put up the RGX pages later. I don't think D_dave _C's description of the switches function is correct. I'll check but those switches might just be on/off toggles for the pickups. I'll have dig out the 91' catalog when I can.

Thanks!

I'll be waiting anxiously!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Milky Boy
      View Post

Thanks d_dave_c!

Theres just one problem...The guitar doesn't have a neck humbucker...

=]

I've figured out that the switch closer to the neck puts the puckups on bypass...

How do i know if a humbucker is splited?

Thanks!

I'm guessing there's an active circuit. Is there a dead battery maybe? Maybe that's why the neck one acts as a kill switch. Or maybe it's just a kill switch. There are a lot of possiblities. Phase switch? Pickup on (to get bridge/ neck combo), split for bridge. the catalog above mentions a mid-boost, so I'm sticking with that one. could the other two be aftermarket?
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin</div>

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by d_dave_c
        View Post

I'm guessing there's an active circuit. Is there a dead battery maybe? Maybe that's why the neck one acts as a kill switch. Or maybe it's just a kill switch. There are a lot of possiblities. Phase switch? Pickup on (to get bridge/ neck combo), split for bridge. the catalog above mentions a mid-boost, so I'm sticking with that one. could the other two be aftermarket?

No...No active circuit. Actually, the neck one don't kill, he just bypasses the pickups, direct to output jack, excluding volume and tone controls. They don't select pickups either...Only the 5-way switch acts on them. I guess that one os the 2 switchs left is a splitter, but how do I test that?

Thanks!

Comment

View Post

Thanks d_dave_c!

Theres just one problem...The guitar doesn't have a neck humbucker...

=]

I've figured out that the switch closer to the neck puts the puckups on bypass...

How do i know if a humbucker is splited?

Thanks!

An answer! Please see below!

Comment

View Post

No...No active circuit. Actually, the neck one don't kill, he just bypasses the pickups, direct to output jack, excluding volume and tone controls. They don't select pickups either...Only the 5-way switch acts on them. I guess that one os the 2 switchs left is a splitter, but how do I test that?

Thanks!

From this RGX and the SE series only models with the "A" designation in the model number have active electronics.

Comment

• Here the catalog page for the 1200S series guitars. Sorry folks but I'm posting a B&W for this. Don't have the time right now to find my colour files. This is from the 1988 catalog.

Comment

• I was kinda close to what it does for the 1220.

Thanks for posting those, k_strat. That's a whole lot o' guitar right thar.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin</div>

Comment

View Post

An answer! Please see below!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

You seen to have a LOT of material, you have on paper or all on your PC?

Comment

View Post

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

You seen to have a LOT of material, you have on paper or all on your PC?

You're very welcome! I only have a few things scanned in. I do have brochures & catalogs. These particular RGX models where only made for a couple of years 88' & 89' so I don't thinks there's too much more other than what I found. There is likely more documentation when you factor in models that may have been available only in the Japanese market or other regions. I happened across things just trying to learn more about the few RGX & Pacifica's I own. The recent Yamaha catalogs aren't too hard to find. The older ones I try to keep an eye open for.

Comment

• Weddington Classic for sale on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Weddingto...80030365934252

what a link, i hope it works.

Best Regards

Peter

Comment

• I just got this info from Yamaha for the SA2200. The PDF they sent wasn't the best quality, and I've converted them for JPEG, so I hope this works.

Just thought people might want to know.
                        How am I expected to write my signature in this space?

Comment

• Well, I had a luthier go over the my SA2200's frets. She felt that the guitar had missed one stage of the fretting process - the frets were all well set, but they hadn't been finished. So a deluxe fret-job and $100 later and it plays perfectly.

I've installed Lollar Imperials and I found them to be an upgrade from the stock (good enough) pickups. Lots of harmonics. Great punch and clarity.

I've already sold of my Heritage H-150CM, and I'm not going to be needing my EB/MM Albert Lee anymore. I'm going to keep my Yamaha's. And it's not that I'm a fan of names, but the three guitars I'll have left are just my best ones, and they happen to all be Yamaha's.

Comment

• The good folks at Yamaha were kind enough to send me the schematics of the SA2000/2200. Enjoy!

Comment

View Post

You're very welcome! I only have a few things scanned in. I do have brochures & catalogs. These particular RGX models where only made for a couple of years 88' & 89' so I don't thinks there's too much more other than what I found. There is likely more documentation when you factor in models that may have been available only in the Japanese market or other regions. I happened across things just trying to learn more about the few RGX & Pacifica's I own. The recent Yamaha catalogs aren't too hard to find. The older ones I try to keep an eye open for.

K_strat, i'm gonna abuse of your good will...I got my 1212 very recently, and yesterday I notest that the eletric part is screwed up...Do you have the schematics, a picture or even a hand draw of the eletric part of the guitar?

Thanks again!

Comment

View Post

K_strat, i'm gonna abuse of your good will...I got my 1212 very recently, and yesterday I notest that the eletric part is screwed up...Do you have the schematics, a picture or even a hand draw of the eletric part of the guitar?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, the only thing I have is for this RGX line is the 603A & maybe the 612. Yamaha support is usually good with providing this type of information. I've had hard copies sent as well as electronic copies fax or emailed. You can use the support portal on their website to contact support. Give em' a shot. I had it I'd have no problem posting it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X