Schecter Robert Smith guitar....

On The Brink

• Moderators

The Cure is my favorite band and Robert Smith is my biggest influence as a guitarist.

I prefer his CountryGentleman/ Jazzmaster/Tele periods. But then he would design a signature guitar that was so weird. Hell, he even played a res-o-glass US Map-shaped National for years. He's odd.

I can't imagine that guitar looking right on anybody but him.

I have no idea what it sounds like.

• Moderators
Originally posted by jjpistols

I don't think he had a hand in designing it, outside of cosmetics and hardware, maybe

it's based on an existing Schecter design

I like the white Ultras pretty well

Yeah, but it's like a deformed Ultra! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

He took a picture of the ultra, put it in photoshop, bent it around, and sent it to schecter.

When they came out with this, it was from Summer to Winter NAMM (or vice versa) before they changed the Ultra's shape to match.

Yep. He actually had a big hand in designing it.

• Moderators
Originally posted by the figurehead

The Cure is my all time favorite band... and I totally respect Robert Smith... but whats with the humbuckers?

It just doesnt seem right.
:mad:

He's been a HB guy (mostly) since like the late 80's!

Did you see the triligy DVD where he plays the Jazzmaster for the whole first set? It sounds awesome and when I saw it I was hoping he would go back to it, realizing how sweet it was. But then he got all schecter-ey!

• Moderators
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Biggest piece of trash I've ever seen. I'd rather play a Squier Affinty Stratocaster.

Um... I understand thinking it's ugly, but Schecter seems to have a great reputation, even for it's more affordable models. I'd think they'd be ably to make a good mid-priced signature model.

:confused: Actually, nobody ever seems to have a negative word for Schecter around here. Am I missing something?

• Members
Originally posted by Actionsquid

:confused:
Actually, nobody ever seems to have a negative word for Schecter around here. Am I missing something?

yeah - that he's a parade pisser. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize (obviously) that artists had that much control over their sig series to the point of actually designing the shape and all. I thought it was more "I want these pickups, and control layout"

pretty cool - what other sigs are actually designed by the artist more than just a modded existing model?

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

yeah - that he's a parade pisser.
:rolleyes:

I didn't realize (obviously) that artists had that much control over their sig series to the point of actually designing the shape and all. I thought it was more "I want these pickups, and control layout"

pretty cool - what other sigs are actually designed by the artist more than just a modded existing model?

Dave Mustaine's Axxion model for example
axxion_esp.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Mustaine's new Axxion model is also a huge pile of trash. The DV-8 is cool though, so was his old Jackson V.

What do you base the "huge pile of trash" comment on? Your opinion of it's shape? I prefer the looks of a sharp V myself but I wouldn't call the Axxion a "huge pile of trash" Mustaine designed the Axxion with upper fret access in mind and comparing this feature on the Axxion with the DV-8 or his older King V's the Axxion is much better designed in that respect. Whether somebody likes the shape or not is a subjective issue.

• Moderators

Originally posted by ghastlyone

Ok then, what is your opinion based on?

His opinion is that it's a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is- that the guitar is a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is that it's a piece of trash, and opinion he formed based on his opinion of the guitar. His opinion of the guitar is that...

Archived