Schecter Robert Smith guitar....

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpistols

yeah - that he's a parade pisser.

I didn't realize (obviously) that artists had that much control over their sig series to the point of actually designing the shape and all. I thought it was more "I want these pickups, and control layout"

pretty cool - what other sigs are actually designed by the artist more than just a modded existing model?

Dave Mustaine's Axxion model for example

Comment

Mustaine's new Axxion model is also a huge pile of trash. The DV-8 is cool though, so was his old Jackson V.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
        Mustaine's new Axxion model is also a huge pile of trash. The DV-8 is cool though, so was his old Jackson V.

What do you base the "huge pile of trash" comment on? Your opinion of it's shape? I prefer the looks of a sharp V myself but I wouldn't call the Axxion a "huge pile of trash" Mustaine designed the Axxion with upper fret access in mind and comparing this feature on the Axxion with the DV-8 or his older King V's the Axxion is much better designed in that respect. Whether somebody likes the shape or not is a subjective issue.

Comment

that's not rain ...
          Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

originally posted by ghastlyone
            What do you base the "huge pile of trash" comment on?

My opinion of the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

My opinion of the guitar.

Ok then, what is your opinion based on?

Comment

I love The Cure but I've never liked Robert's guitars aside from his Fender IV
                I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
                John Cage

last.fm

my crappy clips

Comment

I think I'd take a 'normal' Ultra or (of course) a Jazzmaster or Jaguar anyday over that...it looks like it was left out in the sun too long.
                  I thought it was going to be different;It turned out to be(,) just the same.

Comment

Black and blob-like. Kind of like Mr. Smith himself.

I like it, it's retro, yet original.
                    http://www.myspace.com/399453211

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=276061

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nails

Comment

Originally posted by ghastlyone

Ok then, what is your opinion based on?

His opinion is that it's a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is- that the guitar is a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is that it's a piece of trash, and opinion he formed based on his opinion of the guitar. His opinion of the guitar is that...

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols
                        pretty cool - what other sigs are actually designed by the artist more than just a modded existing model?

The Ibanez MMM1 (that Staind guy's one) might count. The body shape is similar to the SZ range, but it's a 28" baritone rather than 25.1", it's neck thru rather than set neck, the bridge isn't seen on any other guitars in the range and it only has one volume, one tone and a 3-way blade switch.

It's really rather good too, for anyone who cares more about the instrument than the name on the back of the control cavity plate.
                        I like my jazz like I like my peanut butter; crunchy.

MonkeyFX - FX guides and handbuilt pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by ghastlyone

What do you base the "huge pile of trash" comment on? Your opinion of it's shape? I prefer the looks of a sharp V myself but I wouldn't call the Axxion a "huge pile of trash" Mustaine designed the Axxion with upper fret access in mind and comparing this feature on the Axxion with the DV-8 or his older King V's the Axxion is much better designed in that respect. Whether somebody likes the shape or not is a subjective issue.

Just ignore Megadeth7684. He's just trolling as usual.

Regarding the Robert Smith Schecter, he probably thought the normal body shape looked a bit too slim compared to his own expanding frame. Maybe I should get one myself for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Actionsquid

His opinion is that it's a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is- that the guitar is a piece of trash, which is based on his opinion of the guitar, which is that it's a piece of trash, and opinion he formed based on his opinion of the guitar. His opinion of the guitar is that...

Originally posted by ThomasH

Just ignore Megadeth7684. He's just trolling as usual.

You are right. I will try to ignore his self centered 12 year old mentality in the future

Comment

Here is another example of a guitar designed by the artist. Rick Derringer designed the "Stealth" and asked B.C. Rich make it. Not a popular model and it's probably more well known because it was Chuck Schuldiner's guitar of choice.

Comment

That don't look like no "Hang On Sloopy" guitar!
                                Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Working...
                                X