Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Robert Smith guitar....

.....whaddaya all think?

Originally posted by thefyn
    I have him in my ignore list but I still have to read the dozen nonsense post titles he spams on the front page.

I really wish he would get banned to be honest. I think he may take his life if he did but it is a risk I am willing to take.

Perhaps I should contact Symantec to include a Tweedbucket filter because he is like a damn virus on this forum.

The Cure is my favorite band and Robert Smith is my biggest influence as a guitarist.

I prefer his CountryGentleman/ Jazzmaster/Tele periods. But then he would design a signature guitar that was so weird. Hell, he even played a res-o-glass US Map-shaped National for years. He's odd.

I can't imagine that guitar looking right on anybody but him.

I have no idea what it sounds like.

Comment

I don't think he had a hand in designing it, outside of cosmetics and hardware, maybe

it's based on an existing Schecter design

I like the white Ultras pretty well
      Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols
        I don't think he had a hand in designing it, outside of cosmetics and hardware, maybe

it's based on an existing Schecter design

I like the white Ultras pretty well

Yeah, but it's like a deformed Ultra!

Comment

it is a bit, isn't it?

Comment

i think the ultra looks awesome.

but the sig model would only look right on RS himself.
            XT Brotherhood
            MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA

Originally posted by LAracer
            ...But hey, at least we know we suck. So we keep the volume low (or use headphones) at GC (or wherever), and we keep trying. Better than those ****************************s that suck and don't even know it.

Comment

He took a picture of the ultra, put it in photoshop, bent it around, and sent it to schecter.
              When they came out with this, it was from Summer to Winter NAMM (or vice versa) before they changed the Ultra's shape to match.

Comment

Looks like a Firebird but not as cool

Comment

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire
                  He took a picture of the ultra, put it in photoshop, bent it around, and sent it to schecter.
                  When they came out with this, it was from Summer to Winter NAMM (or vice versa) before they changed the Ultra's shape to match.

Yep. He actually had a big hand in designing it.

Comment

I like the normal Ultra shape.

Comment

The Cure is my all time favorite band... and I totally respect Robert Smith... but whats with the humbuckers?

It just doesnt seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by the figurehead
                        The Cure is my all time favorite band... and I totally respect Robert Smith... but whats with the humbuckers?

It just doesnt seem right.

He's been a HB guy (mostly) since like the late 80's!

Did you see the triligy DVD where he plays the Jazzmaster for the whole first set? It sounds awesome and when I saw it I was hoping he would go back to it, realizing how sweet it was. But then he got all schecter-ey!

Comment

Biggest piece of trash I've ever seen. I'd rather play a Squier Affinty Stratocaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
                            Biggest piece of trash I've ever seen. I'd rather play a Squier Affinty Stratocaster.

Um... I understand thinking it's ugly, but Schecter seems to have a great reputation, even for it's more affordable models. I'd think they'd be ably to make a good mid-priced signature model.

Actually, nobody ever seems to have a negative word for Schecter around here. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Actionsquid

Actually, nobody ever seems to have a negative word for Schecter around here. Am I missing something?

yeah - that he's a parade pisser.

I didn't realize (obviously) that artists had that much control over their sig series to the point of actually designing the shape and all. I thought it was more "I want these pickups, and control layout"

pretty cool - what other sigs are actually designed by the artist more than just a modded existing model?

Comment

Working...
                              X