Feb 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS Options

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Please, no political discussions.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

George Jetson wrote:

bcrich

Seems like a decent guitar for the price. A free Digitech RP70 pedal also showed up when I added it to my cart.

Nice tip about the free digitech pedal.  These are also $399 and come with the free pedal:

B.C. Rich Pro X Custom Bich Electric Guitar Shadow 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-pro-x-custom-bich-electric-guitar

B.C. Rich Pro X Custom Mockingbird ST Electric Guitar Trans Black

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-pro-x-custom-mockingbird-st-electric-guitar

B.C. Rich Pro X Custom Mockingbird Hardtail Electric Guitar Shadow

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-pro-x-custom-mockingbird-hardtail-electric-guitar

• Members

sasjf wrote:

Jet City Amplification
 JCA5012C 50W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp 
Black/Blue 
$299 (Used $191-$263)

Thanks, dude! Picked up the used one for $191. I got 4% back from USAA too. I used to have the 20w Jet City head and loved the dirt channel. I think I paid more for that head than this combo too.

• Members

Victor litz music in Maryland has at least one fender American select jazz bass for $999. About half of normal street price. Not too shabby. They also blew out their American select teles and strats for same price but sold them all minutes after opening doors.

• Members

Are American made basses that expensive now?  I remember when $500 was the high side for a brand new Made in America Strat or Tele.  Heck last Christmas I bought a brand new US Tele for $550 from Best Buy with molded plastic SKB hardshell case.  You mean a US bass is $2k now???  Here I thought $1k was overpriced.

• Members

So a deal that is a $2300 street price for $999 gets pooped on while other less impressive (% off wise) deals get little or no negative response. I don't get this place sometimes.

I thought it was a great deal and hence why I posted. These are between the fender American deluxe line and step below fender custom shop.

• Members

maltomario wrote:

So a deal that is a $2300 street price for $999 gets pooped on while other less impressive (% off wise) deals get little or no negative response. I don't get this place sometimes.

I thought it was a great deal and hence why I posted. These are between the fender American deluxe line and step below fender custom shop.

I didn’t read it as pooping on the deal,  more like someone was just confused, not up-to-date on the models and/or prices of basses. 

• Members

Yeah sorry maltomario, I wasn't trying to thread crap at all, and I appreciate everyone posting deals.  I am amazed though at Fender's price hikes over the years.  Heck, I remember MIM Standards were $349, and now what are they over $500???  Call it inflation, or what have you, but for what they charge now, I only buy Fenders or Gibsons on closeout deals as their normal street prices seem inflated from what they should be.  Sorry for my rant.

• Members

I was thinking about thr RP90 when it wa $50 but a friend riend of mine had an RP70 and the digital effects sound very harsh (digital) and it made me reconsider. Maybe it can be cleaned up with EQ/amp but I'd recommend listening to one before buying. If you like how it sounds, the price is definitely right!

• Members

papaschtroumpf wrote:

I was thinking about thr RP90 when it wa $50 but a friend riend of mine had an RP70 and the digital effects sound very harsh (digital) and it made me reconsider. Maybe it can be cleaned up with EQ/amp but I'd recommend listening to one before buying. If you like how it sounds, the price is definitely right!

I briefly messed with it yesterday and yeah, the effects do sound a bit cheesy but for screwing around in a bedroom, I think it is decent. There is a head phone jack on it so I think you can play straight through that and at the level i was playing with it, it wouldn't matter if I was using a $1000 pedalboard. It would be hard to distinguish the sounds. You can toggle all of the settings so I imagine I'll get some decent tones out of it once I spend some time with it. I don't plan on gigging with it since I don't play gigs anymore. But for $50, it is a pretty cool little toy that doesn't take up a lot of room. For $50 (now $60), you get a pedal tuner and backing drums too. All in all, a decent deal. Just my two cents...

Archived