My first lesson for the Truefire.com "Next Top Guitar INstructor" contest - "Building Better Blues Lines"

Mark Wein

Hey guys! This is the first lesson I've done for the contest...if you like the lesson could you shoot me a vote at http://truefire.com/next-top-guitar-...014/mark-wein/ ? I'll have one a week for the next four weeks too!

​Also at that link is the download link for the tab notation, the free backing track that I play over and a supplemental lesson from my book "Expanded Blues Guitar" if you are new to blues chord progressions...

​Thanks!

• Members

Okay, you have a great speaking voice but you're speaking inside a cave. That's a bit distracting to the audience. Dampen that. Next, when you're illustrating the finger placements the guitar is drowning you out. Come down a smidge on the amp. Last, slow it down a bit. You're speaking at a speed that tells everybody you know your stuff. Slow down and speak to an audience that doesn't know it.

The material is pretty much boiler plate blues and that's what you want. But, the delivery can be tweaked a bit. Thanks for putting that up.

Archived