Backing tracks

• Members

No need for a drum machine and a simple tape recorded will do. I use my Loop Station for backing tracks. I've used my MD for it earlier. Both costed me a lot of money when I got them but are cheap to record on since you can erase what you've recorded and start all over again and again and again.

Stay away from drum machines if you can.

But hell, use whatever works for you. I have used and I still use pre-recorded backing tracks whenever I feel that is what I want. More and more though I tend to use the Loop Station because as I've said, I waste less time that way. instead of programming some stupid machine I'm playing, playing, playing.

• Members

Hi folks. Anyone know where I can find some downloadable tracks to jam to? Just looking for basic blues/rock chord progressions in different keys really. Thanks!

Check out my backing tracks at www.putfile.com/fajah

If there's anything you like, send me a PM and I'll send them to you. They're in midi format so if you play them using Vanbasco's freeware player, you can manipulate the tempo, key, and mute whatever instruments out that you want. You can get the player at www.vanbasco.com

Lawrie

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey guys - thanks for digging this up again and that thread looks cool. I will check the tracks out when I get home tonight. I've actually dug out my old 4-track and have been laying my own down, but nothing wrong with some variety as well. Cheers :thu:

Archived