Backing tracks

• Members

Are there any available sites where one might be able to d/l just rythem and bass lines for various songs?, so that one could be able to play them on their pc or home music system, and jam along with them...for practice and learning.

• Members

Are there any available sites where one might be able to d/l just rythem and bass lines for various songs?, so that one could be able to play them on their pc or home music system, and jam along with them...for practice and learning.

I'm not aware of any free online sites but I love this program for accompaniment tracks and its definitely worth the monetary investment- and in a Box

http://www.band-in-a-box.com/

• Members

Check out my site: www.putfile.com/fajah and see if there's anything you like. If you send me a PM with you email address, I can send you the ones you want to play locally on your PC. If you need a free midi player, go to www.vanbasco.com . It works well for manipulating the tracks for practice purposes.

Lawrie

• Members

This is the info I was hopefully going to find here... Many thanks to both!

I now have the trial version of the BIAB program, and with little effort, I managed to put together a basic c/Am/f/g progression, with a bridge, in about 20-30 minutes. Now I need to learn all the ways to personalize what I want. Very impressive program, especially for one like me that's mainly a 'by ear' player, with little to zip knowledge of music theory.

A couple years back I tried a Roland Jam Station, but it only played whatever was preset in it, and was after a few months, got pretty boring, so it got a new home...I wanted to be able to play my own stuff, and this BIAB, will allow me to do that.

Many thanks to Lawrie for the link...I'll be in touch by email soon...there are for sure some great song tracks on your site...several are ones I already know pretty well.

Very best Wishes,
Philthy _ in Warm and Sunny Odessa FL

Archived