books on chord modulation?

C.Ketola

• Members

modulation, mediant chords, pivot chords... i'd really like to learn more about this! i can't find any good books on the subject, most books on chords seem to be the same - triads and 7th chords. is there any books on chord progressions (beyond i-iv-v progressions!!) and modulation??

i've searched on amazon and google and i just can't find anything like that - i'm sure theres some book on the subject...

i would much appreciate if anyone could help... also good sites that i may have missed, i've only found like two pages...

thanks!

/christoffer.

• Members

Good books on modulation are hard to come by. I would suggest taking a look at some more general harmony books such as Schoenberg's Theory of Harmony or the texts by Kostka and Payne. They can be fairly expensive so I would try to get my hands on one from the library before shelling out the bucks, just in case it isn't what you are looking for. In general a good book on classical harmony should cover modulation, I think Tchaikovsky's book on harmony is pretty good. You might also look at jazz harmony for another take on how to modulate.

Hope that helps.

--

Learn all guitar notes in 10 Easy Lessons...www.guitargames.net.