Paul Jackson Jr. - Science of Rhythm Guitar

• Members

Paul Jackson is the guitarist from American Idol Band/Ricky Minor.

He plays on a few of those shows and I thinf Americas Got Talent or something.

He's great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jackson,_Jr.

Paul Jackson, Jr.

Paul Jackson, Jr. is a fusion composer, arranger, producer and guitarist. He was born and raised in Los Angeles. Jackson knew by the age of fifteen that he wanted to become a professional musician. Growing up in a musical family, his parents were supportive and as such, he attended the University of Southern California, majoring in music.

In addition to being a recording artist in his own right, Jackson is also highly accomplished L.A. session player, with a career spanning multiple decades and playing on projects from Michael Jackson's Thriller and Bad to numerous recordings by artists from Whitney Houston, Thomas Anders and Patti LaBelle to rockers like Chicago and Elton John to jazz greats such as Dave Koz, Al Jarreau, David Benoit, Marcus Miller and Kirk Whalum[1].

Jackson can be seen playing guitar in a wide variety of styles on American Idol.

Discography

Albums

"I Came To Play " 1988 Atlantic/WEA

"Out Of The Shadows" 1990 Atlantic/WEA

"A River In The Desert" 1993 Atlantic/WEA

"Never Alone/Duets" 1996 Blue Note

"The Power Of The String" 2001 Blue Note

"Still Small Voice" 2003 Blue Note

"Lay it Back" 2008 Blue Note

180px-Paul_Jackson_Jr._02.jpg

• Members

I plan to order the DVD. I listened to a lot of R&B when I was a kid, and he played rhythm guitar on so many tracks that I liked. He's on recordings by Boz Skaggs, Michael Jackson, George Benson, Scritti Politti... probably enough credits to fill a phone book.

http://www.filmbaby.com/films/4295

I love the promotional clip, where he gets into the Rhythm Guitar signup line and notices the Lead Guitar line is much longer, while he's the only person in the Rhythm Guitar line.

• Members

That is funny Girevik.

I'm with him (Paul J. Jr. that is.)

It's at least as much fun playing rhythm as it is to play "lead"

(I love that question we get sometimes "Are you a lead guitarist"? "No, I'm a guitarist" That always confuses them)

I spent a year playing in a funkR&B band about fifteen years ago. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Paul Jackson Jr. is right up there with Freddie Green, Jimmy Nolan, Steve Cropper and Hendrix in my book.

Archived