Roadhouse Blues Lesson: Modes and Minor Blues

• Members

Modes are definitely something that should be talked about and learned. Even if taught from the wrong perspective the student will learn a lot the physical aspect of the fretboard using musical terminologies. There is nothing completely wrong about that.

As far as the lesson...

by the time I watch the intro pictures and music thing, then listened to a bit about whatever was being promoted around the website, I was over a minute and a half into the lesson. That's about where I stopped watching. Just get to the lesson, man. (I just tried watching it again and it was 2 minutes before you told me what you were going to show, 4 minutes in you were about to play something and then said "I'm left handed" I stopped it there because you still weren't showing anything and I didn't want to hear the 'aspects' of being left handed)

The mistake most people make on internet lessons is they talk about things/what we are going learn for several minutes before they play anything, or they play the lick slow, then in chunks before playing the complete, up to speed, lick. (This goes for a lot of people...but Mark, if your reading, this is one of the reasons I never watch your vids, you never get to the point in the vid. I just use the tab/notation to see what you are eventually going to get to in your lesson)

If you going to a wordy Introduction, label the vid as an Introduction, and label the content as the content.

Like Joe Perry says, "Don't bore us, get tot he chorus."

• Members

Modes are definitely something that should be talked about and learned. Even if taught from the wrong perspective the student will learn a lot the physical aspect of the fretboard using musical terminologies. There is nothing completely wrong about that.

As far as the lesson...

by the time I watch the intro pictures and music thing, then listened to a bit about whatever was being promoted around the website, I was over a minute and a half into the lesson. That's about where I stopped watching. Just get to the lesson, man. (I just tried watching it again and it was 2 minutes before you told me what you were going to show, 4 minutes in you were about to play something and then said "I'm left handed" I stopped it there because you still weren't showing anything and I didn't want to hear the 'aspects' of being left handed)

Thank your very much for the constructive feedback. This is my first video. So I will use your feedback to try and make the next one better. And thanks for not making personal insults like Virgman. I've been around here a long time, so I'm used to guys like him insulting people from the safety of their computer keyboard. Although I do wish they had the balls to do it in person.

You are absolutely right about the beginning. I should have done the intro as a separate video. I could rerecord the whole thing. But I think I'll just move on to the next one.

Despite the weakness of the video, I think the PDF version of the lesson is more to point and will help some folks. I've attached it below. And I've also added both vids to this message so you can skip the intro and get to the jamming in the second video. A reminder that all the backing tracks are available on the website I posted above. Thanks.

Lesson 1 - Boring Intro / Discussion Of Topic

[YOUTUBE]TdiiLfNZZ_w[/YOUTUBE]

Lesson 2 - Jamming In G Major / Aeolean Mode / E Minor Blues

[YOUTUBE]IRwfsPst1Tw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

No archtops. Selling some solidbodies... I got a couple of Carvins (a Tele and a 7 String), a couple of strats, a Washburn Idol (really nice guitar,actually) and some others... a Wechter acoustic... etc. etc. what are YOU selling??

I'm selling an American strat, possibly a Epi Joe Pass, basically the minimum number of guitars to get an Eastman archtop. I'll be selling a Fender Vibrolux as well.

Archived