Repost: Keith Emerson (ELP) moog solo from Lucky Man...on MY guitar...check it out.

• Members

About 4 years ago I learned this one night and recorded right after that (tabbed it too). It sounds pretty cool (minus Carl's drums).

I used my Les Paul and a patch on my POD I made years ago, have no idea of the settings.

http://test.mikedodge.com/mvdmusic/MikeD/LuckyManSampleMix.mp3

I've always wanted to learn Keith's solo at the end of this song. Cool stuff.

• Members

Cool stuff! Sounds great!

Hey, how did your bohemian rhapsody go? I didn't have the time to transcribe and write it all down or else I would've. If you need something again, shoot me a PM.

Thanks G.

We performed it last night and it went great. The pianist didn't conform though, so that arpeggio build up after the head banging was missing...but the guitar parts were covered...well...

the other guitarist didn't do any harmonies in the very end though, I gave him the three parts and told to pick one and I'd play the other two :p

So at sound check I worked up a part that simulated the three parts as best I could, moving in one direction though as the main part jump up pretty high at the very end.

It was a packed house, we only played on three songs of a 2.5 hour choir concert.

Here's pic for set up and sound check...my camera didn't do too well for some reason...it was bright as hell though. I should get a DVD of it soon, I hope it sounds as good as it felt :)

IMG00155-20100522-1840.jpg

IMG00153-20100522-1839.jpg

IMG00148-20100522-1743.jpg

IMG00156-20100522-1840.jpg

Archived