About the latest "Instructional Video Thread'

• Members

I'm posting here in a new thread because FFF asked me to delete my post in his new thread, and since he asked ever so nicely I did delete it :)

My question was "why not post these at The Guitar Lesson Guide?". If that was done, they'd get a post in the existing sticky thread _and_ have the opportunity to be reviewed.

However, I see FFF has a different vision: he wants a nice collection of beginner-intermediate "guitar lessons" that a new person could work through.

This got me to thinking that it would be better to arrange all these lessons in one post in a logical order. I'm not wildly enthusiastic/supportive of "yet another random collection of lessons", but if we collectively were to present a well thought out ordered sequence of good lessons, this might be a real asset.

I reckon the way this ought to work is that FFF pulls suggested lessons into the right place in a big single post at the top of the thread.

Food for thought.

GaJ

• Members

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with stickies? I'm not advocating more, just wondering what the problem is?

They clutter up the board.

Frankly, most of them are quite unnecessary.

I don't like a bunch of stickies to wade through at the top of the board.

Stickies that don't have frequent activity should either be deleted or grouped under a single thread as is now being done in the Electric Guitar Forum.. Lack of activity mean lack of interest.

If a thread has merit it will be kept alive by its own activity. No need to sticky it. There are several stickies now that haven't had activity in many months.

This is just my thoughts, GAJ.

• Members

Yeah, no more stickies please!!!

They SUCK on smart phones. You get to the site and, with as many stickies as we have in this forum, you have to scroll down about 13 pages until you get to the current threads.

13 pages??? Well, most smart phone users use what is called a "column" setting for viewing web pages. This crops the page in the left and right boundaries of the screen, so there is no scrolling to the left or right and you only have to scroll up or down to view a page. And depending on your font size I could see where it could get MUCH worst than 13 pages to scroll through to get the current posts.

A suggestion for the future of the mobile Internet...make stickies a viewing option that can be turned on and on...or better yet...HC should put the stickies at the bottom of the page!

OR...

Put ALL the sticky threads in one thread titled "Stickies".

Time to move into the 21st Century.

• Members

Yeah, no more stickies please!!!

They SUCK on smart phones. You get to the site and, with as many stickies as we have in this forum, you have to scroll down about 13 pages until you get to the current threads.

13 pages??? Well, most smart phone users use what is called a "column" setting for viewing web pages. This crops the page in the left and right boundaries of the screen, so there is no scrolling to the left or right and you only have to scroll up or down to view a page. And depending on your font size I could see where it could get MUCH worst than 13 pages to scroll through to get the current posts.

A suggestion for the future of the mobile Internet...make stickies a viewing option that can be turned on and on...or better yet...HC should put the stickies at the bottom of the page!

OR...

Put ALL the sticky threads in one thread titled "Stickies".

Time to move into the 21st Century.

Stickey that.

Archived