Cool animation about chord functions

Espresso

• Members

Cool. He should specify the minor key.

He does - the key changes to minor around 0:45, and he uses a different set of faces. Notice the "sad" I chord, and the tough (or something) rather than angry V chord

Very cool!

• Members
He does - the key changes to minor around 0:45, and he uses a different set of faces. Notice the "sad" I chord, and the tough (or something) rather than angry V chord

Very cool!

That's what I meant. The functions stayed major while the face went minor. lulz
Bothered me 'cuz he does differentiate lower and upper case. Also the V chord face was ambiguous and not fully representative of the dominant state. :lol:

• Members
That's what I meant. The functions stayed major while the face went minor. lulz

Bothered me 'cuz he does differentiate lower and upper case. Also the V chord face was ambiguous and not fully representative of the dominant state.
:lol:

Ah I see. Didn't bother me unduly, but I agree he should have used "m" if he wasn't going to use lower case.
We can debate whether that face was "fully representative of the dominant state", of course - :D *- but I really like the way he's chosen two different faces he's chosen for the major and minor key dominants. I wasn't totally sure about the major key "grrr" face - seemed the wrong kind of tension - but I thought the ambiguity of the minor key one was nice. The whole deal hangs together very well, IMO.

* Maybe we have some dominant smileys on here...
:mad::evil::cop:
maybe ?

And here's a couple for modal chords... :cool::idk:

And of course one for arguing about the key of Sweet Home Alabama: :facepalm:

Hehe...

• Members

That is a fantastic way to demonstrate the whole tension and release principle. Notice how many tensions - basically almost always a tension before the resolution to the I. Face accuracy notwithstanding : )

Personally I thought the minor was nicely represented but Gear I hear what you are saying.

Thanks for posting that. very cool!

• Members

Visually this is fun I guess but, one thing to take from that is; even though the music sounds advanced, it's still based on basic chord movements. I find some of the more difficult "sounding" chords progressions or pieces sound more difficult than they are in the end.

• Members
Should I make faces when I play?

Is this what Steve Vai is doing?

It's starting to make sense.

Sounds like time for a competition.

Q: what chord functions are the following faces demonstrating?

funnyfaceFreddieKing.jpg
prince_weirdmouth.png
funnyfacebbking.jpg
Joe_Walsh_2_-_Crossroads_Guitar_Fest_200
8248RobinTrower_D70_0054-med.JPG

Prize for correct answers: full course of Botox implants.

• Members
Sounds like time for a competition.

Q: what chord functions are the following faces demonstrating?

funnyfaceFreddieKing.jpg

prince_weirdmouth.png

funnyfacebbking.jpg

Joe_Walsh_2_-_Crossroads_Guitar_Fest_200

8248RobinTrower_D70_0054-med.JPG

Prize for correct answers: full course of Botox implants.

They all sort of look like they have to go to the bathroom--except B.B. King, he looks like he just went. :lol:

Archived