Mother Solo, 2011 version

• Members

Well I wanted feedback on this take from this year. I know I can improve. I think my bends still are my weakest point.

http://soundcloud.com/pedrots/mother-solo1/s-1iIKf

There is a mistake or two, but I didn't have time to make additional takes, and I don't think I'll have til the weekend or so.

I just wanted to know your feedback so I can put emphasis on my practice during the upcoming weeks :D

Footnote: I recorde with my new m-audio interface and Guitar Rig. How do you guys think it sounds? Good fidelity, noise, etc?

• Members

Alex, sounded great .. pretty much nailed it.

Although .. do you have some sort of rotary effect going? It is hard to determine what is your natural vibrato and what is the pedal. I'd be interested in hearing this with just the gain. Typically for a solo like this the hard part is the subtle vibrato stuff.

• Members

Sounds good to me, Alex. I like the tone. It suits the solo very well.

Maybe record it twice a week for a month, without listening to any of the results until the end. Then listen to this recording, and the last. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I'm getting into doing this. I want to rid myself of that instant-self-analysis element, building up to a big recording and then quickly listening and pulling it to pieces.

Just playing with the red light on, then filing the recordings for listening later, batch style.

Relaxed style.

Archived