A Bernard Purdie Jam from RedAnt!

mosiddiqi

• Members

I'm sure many of you have jammed over the excellent BT's provided by RedAnt here on HC..and he recently posted another one featuring the great Bernard Purdie. It's been posted over in GJ and got a few takes, but I don't think any of you guys got to jam over it..so here it is:

https://www.box.net/shared/335said9a262nojuts5d

And my one take, many warts and all :lol:..but I really enjoyed playing over this.

http://www.box.net/shared/v881z28j7kmr8pyqvt33

Get stuck in! :rawk:

• Members

Well I keep trying to do something over it, and it keeps sounding cheap and noob-ish. Perhaps another hour of practice over this track...

I see these things more as a "try and just play" thing and don't worry too much about mistakes...

• Members

Nice!..I liked the clean but nasty tone and the spaces you left..very funky!.
:thu:

Thanks for throwing me a bone here Mo :). While my problems are numerous, one thing that really sticks out to me is my lack of ability for any fast runs. There are moments where I need/hear in my mind a flurry of notes or a fast run, but technically my fingers cant do it. I'm not really into drills and excercises these days so do you/anybody have any suggestions of tunes or solos that have some laid back mellow stuff with fast runs and flurries thrown in.

Thanks,

Mac

• Members

Thanks for throwing me a bone here Mo
:)
. While my problems are numerous, one thing that really sticks out to me is my lack of ability for any fast runs. There are moments where I need/hear in my mind a flurry of notes or a fast run, but technically my fingers cant do it. I'm not really into drills and excercises these days so do you/anybody have any suggestions of tunes or solos that have some laid back mellow stuff with fast runs and flurries thrown in.

Thanks,

Mac

My default suggestions are the solo's in "You Shook Me All Night Long" and "Celebration Day"...they are simple, but have some faster runs that may be just the right amount of "challenge" for you. They both have slower parts with emphasis on bends/vibrato and then some more rapid fire (ish) stuff..

• Members

Alright folks, I FINALLY got a chance to take a swing at this sucker. LOOOVE Purdie! GREAT backing track. Thanks Mo!

This is raw me, fully uncensored (actually I pretty much never fix jam tracks on principle).

I took 3 passes at it, this is the 3rd swipe as it happenned. Some good ... some ...meh

Man this thing was long! Fun though.

http://www.box.net/shared/gyzghjn5lpjd1s8yh01e

You guys have all done great takes - I listened to them all... a bit short on time lately to comment so forgive

Cheers!

• Members

Alright folks, I FINALLY got a chance to take a swing at this sucker. LOOOVE Purdie! GREAT backing track. Thanks Mo!

This is raw me, fully uncensored (actually I pretty much never fix jam tracks on principle).

I took 3 passes at it, this is the 3rd swipe as it happenned. Some good ... some ...meh

http://www.box.net/shared/gyzghjn5lpjd1s8yh01e

You guys have all done great takes - I listened to them all... a bit short on time lately to comment so forgive

Cheers!

Nice!..I particularly liked the bits around 2.00-2.26 or so...really sounded like I could hear YOU in the track..very distinctive. Most cool! :thu:

• Members

Cheers!

Tasty! The run you make from 1:15 to 1:20 is exactly the sort of thing I need to work on.

Archived