A short article on left and right hands co-ordination.....plus much more!

polishpaul

• Members

I've spent a bit of time this evening following Dave Wood's tips on this subject, and his way is certainly a lot different to mine. I reckon his way is the better, and will venture further into it:

http://www.jazzguitarstartingright.com/left%20hand%20right%20hand.pdf

Thoughts and opinions welcome, as usual.

Then....

.....head over to his home page:

http://www.jazzguitarstartingright.com

....for tons of stuff - just click on everything and have a look. Most of it opens in pdf format. I'd be surprised if you didn't find something useful/of interest to you. If something's a bit too advanced for you at the moment, bookmark it somehow so you can go back to it, as you might find it understandable further down the learning line. Although Dave does seem to be offering free downloads, as I see it - donation optional.

There are a lot of useful charts for.............just about everything.

• Members

Nothing like a quick bump before going to sleep......:)

Anyone any thoughts on this? I'm trying out "the string is held down by the weight of the arm and not a vice-like grip incorporating the opposable thumb" (paraphrasing myself here). There seems to be something in this, but it's a bit hard to quantify......I've been doing the 'vice' for many years, and the-weight-of-the-arm only for a day or so.

I know it's Saturday night, but what can you get in a steamin' music club that you can't get here?

Ah.....yes......I remember now...........

Tomorrow or Monday will be good. Thursday, even, if it's all going to plan :).

• Members

Yeah... the vise grip thing is no good for me. I think I would describe the feeling more like your arm "supports" your hand and fingers. Too much "weight" from your arm and you'll force your fingers to work too hard just to hold your arm up... but if you use your arm to support your hand/fingers then I think it's easier to find that balance that the author talks about.

Just my two cents.

Archived