A one-take slow blues improv with delay, mixed with midi comp

pauldude

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by benzem

View Post

Nice!

What gear did you use?

Good to see yousmile.gif Don't be a stranger.

wave.gif

No gear, really. All done in Reaper on a laptop using the Peavey ReValver amp-sim, plus vst FX. Midi files for the comp were generated from Chordpulse. These are useful because they allow changes of instrument.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by benzem

View Post

Nice!

What gear did you use?

Good to see yousmile.gif Don't be a stranger.

wave.gif

Strangerness suits me smile.gif

No gear, really. All done in Reaper on a laptop using the Peavey ReValver amp-sim, plus vst FX. Midi files for the comp were generated from Chordpulse. These are useful because they allow changes of instrument.

Things I recommend:

Don't bother practicing scales - learn some theory and apply it to your guitar.

Drum track or metronome? Both together!

Always record what you play, then listen to it. If recording using vst FX, simultaneously record a clean version on a separate track....

....then apply different FX to the clean takes and learn how to cheat.

Never play anything, practice included, without backing. Having a bass line to follow completely changes the game by giving context to what you play. I heard a Howard Roberts track yesterday, with his playing panned hard to one side and the rest of the music on the other channel. Without context, what he played sounded ridiculous. It's quite easy to think that what you are playing is nothing special if there's no backing. Put it in context with drums and bass and hey-ho {censored} me I can play guitar at last!!!!!

smile.gif

Attached is a second remix of the third solo I posted earlier.

Archived