A lesson a day...

• Members

Hey All,

From time to time people had commented in a couple of the sticky threads that it seems like it would be handy to have reviews and a "list" of guitar lesson web sites, DVDs etc all in one place.

Having looked around and not found something like that, I decided to make one for us to use.

I've populated it with links to, and descriptions of, all the good lesson sites mentioned in the sticky threads - maybe it will save some trawling through those.

Now I'm poking around the web and adding as I go. Each time something is added, a note will get posted here. I started posting them in the sticky threads, but this was cluttering those up, so here's a new thread that you can avoid if you don't want to see this stuff smile.gif

If there are good or bad sites out there you'd like to add, or if you're willing to put up a review of any, please do.

GaJ

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I write a blog with beginners guitar lessons at GuitarFriendly.net. You can find other guitar related tips, gear reviews, video lessons, and more at the blog too. I've also wrote up a guitar lessons review of different online instructional websites out there.

Another guitar blog I've enjoyed reading as of late is the Classical Guitar Blog. It's obviously more focused towards classical guitar, but there is a lot to be learned there by other guitarists.

• Members

A new review of of the Web Video Lesson "Vibrato & String Bending Guitar Lesson" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave Vibrato & String Bending Guitar Lesson 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

"I was going to review the overall guitar-tube site first, but I like th..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the Video Lesson Site "guitar-tube.com" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave guitar-tube.com 4 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 4 stars.

"Guitar-tube is an interesing concept. Really, it amounts to a pile of videos, and related material, on a site where yo..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the YouTube Lesson "Guitar Trick #1" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave Guitar Trick #1 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

"As I've been surfing around guitar lessons, I've really come to appreciate Paul Gilbert. This guy is fun to watch - he's..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the Text/Audio Lesson Site "GM Arts: Electric Guitar" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave GM Arts: Electric Guitar 4 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 4 stars.

"This is a great site to come to if you want to read about "how does all this stuff work?!"

Nice clear descriptions of ..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the Text/Audio Lesson Site "GuitarImprov101.com" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave GuitarImprov101.com 4 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 4 stars.

"A handy resource site. Definitely worth a visit to know what's there, if you are in the "intermediate or earlier" experi..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the DVD "Learn and Master Guitar with Steve Kenz" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by FlipFlopFly.

FlipFlopFly gave Learn and Master Guitar with Steve Kenz 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

"This DVD set is comprehensive. It starts with the very basic instructions needed for an absolute beginner through to teaching advanced..."

GaJ

• Members

A new review of of the Web Video Lesson "ThreeChordGuitar.com" was posted at the guitar lesson review site, by FlipFlopFly.

FlipFlopFly gave ThreeChordGuitar.com 4 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 4 stars.

"A good fun site with some enjoyable lessons. Mojo admits he is no great expert but he's down to earth with no airs whatso..."

GaJ

Archived