ricks.....blessing

bluesmann

• Members

ALMOST 30 YEARS A GO, YES I WAS A CARNIE LOL, I WAS A THROW THE BALL IN THE BASKET GUY. I HAD A EPIPHONE

CRESTWOOD WITH MINI DELUXE HUMBUCKERS. AND A LITTLE

GIBSON TUBE AMP. IT KICKED BUTT. I WAS 18 OR 19 AT NIGHT I STAYED IN THE GAME TENT WITH A SLEEPING BAG AND MY GUITAR.

AFTER CLOSEING I COULD JAM A LITTLE WHILE. ONE NIGHT WHILE IN YORK PA. STATE FAIR. I WAS PLAYING(3 FINGERED LEAD STUFF. YEAH I HAD SOME FEELING TO . THIS GUY STUCK HIS HEAD IN FOR A PEEK AND SAID HI MY NAME IS RICK.HE HAD A ACOUSTIC

GUITAR WITH HIM. HE SAID HE WAS FROM DELAWARE NEWARK I THINK? AND WAS SELLING JEWELRY AT THE FAIR. HE ALREADY HEARD ME PLAY. HE ASKED IF HE COULD PLAY MY GUITAR.....

HERE DUDE I SAID..... MAN!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GOD, DOES ERNIE BALL MAKE GUITAR STRINGS!

I WAS FLOORED FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES WOW COULD THIS GUY

PLAY! THIS GUY WAS VERY NICE AND NOT COCKY. HE KNEW HE COULD PLAY. I ASKED HIM BEFORE HE LEFT IF HE COULD SHOW ME SOMTHING THAT WOULD HELP MY PLAYING.

HE SHOWED ME AND SAID THIS; PRACTICE THIS AND YOU,LL FIND YOUR WAY. CRAW, WALK ,RUN. DO THIS AS FAST AS YOU CAN

BUT KEEP YOUR NOTES CLEAN, THATS A MUST. IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH RATE NOW BUT IT WILL HELP YOU.

WAS HE EVER TELLING THE TRUTH

RICK..... WHERE EVER YOU ARE, THANK YOU SO MUCH

YOU WERE RIGHT. TO THIS VERY DAY ITS STILL THERE IN MY PLAYING THANK YOU BROTHER!

• Members

Originally posted by TheAxeMan

so what did you learn? To play clean? what did he show you? Spill the beans

i use this now to warm up with. i go from the first fret to the 12th but to get started,lets start at the 5th fret5,6,7,8th fret. index finger on down5,6,7,8 pick down on the 5th,up on the 6th, down on the 7th,up on the 8th , all this on the big,e string.do this on all 6 strings then at the high e go backwards till your back at the starting point (alternateing picking)

• Members

Originally posted by bluesmann

i use this now to warm up with. i go from the first fret to the 12th but to get started,lets start at the 5th fret5,6,7,8th fret. index finger on down5,6,7,8 pick down on the 5th,up on the 6th, down on the 7th,up on the 8th , all this on the big,e string.do this on all 6 strings then at the high e go backwards till your back at the starting point (alternateing picking)

this will also get your pinky finger going

• 9 years later...

Archived