Is There Anyone Home at WorkshopLive?

• Members

I have been using the WorkshopLive site for guitar and bass lessons over the past couple of years and have been generally happy with the results.  I recently ran into a technical problem when trying to display the lesson exercises on my Mac, and attempted to contact the company.  I used the online support form, e-mailed and called both 800 numbers listed on the site with no response (one of the phone #s gets a "no longer in service" message and the other just goes to a fast busy).  Does anyone have any idea of what has happened to these people?  Is the company going out of business or are they just on a long summer break?  Thanks.

• Members

Are you talking about withholding money?  Unfortunately, they already have my subscription fee, so unless I want to threaten to take them to court, I'm probably not getting anything back.  I could send a message expressing my unhappiness and letting them know that I don't plan to renew.  That was probably going to be my next move in any case, but I was wondering if anyone had any additional info on the company.  Thanks.

• Members

Their website states that it is "brought to you by the founders of the National Guitar Workshop".  That wouldn't necessarily mean that if the one were to go out of business the other would have to as well, but perhaps they are linked in other ways that are not so obvious.  I have sent another message telling them that if they can't provide support, they ought to offer their customers a refund.  Perhaps that will get their attention.  Thanks.

Archived