A word of warning on E-Chords.com billing policy

zuma61

• Members

Anyone who subscribes to an E-Chords.com yearly subscription with PayPal and doesn't want to continue it for another year would be wise to:

1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/

2. Click History subtab.

3. Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu.

4. Check the From box and change date back 2 years.

5. Click Search.

6. To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click

Details in the Details column .

7. At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription.

8. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again..

If you don't do this E-Chords.com will hit your PayPal account for another year membership on your sign up date without notifacation. They also WILL NOT refund your money when you find this out! NOWHERE on their sign up page does it tell you this. I just figgured I'd let others know who don't want to continue as members, before they get charged again!

• 6 years later...
  • Members

It's been a number of years since the original post but I just learned the hard way that the information given is correct.  I couldn't recall if I had actually requested a subscription or not but then I saw the charge in my paypal account for renewal.  I contacted customer service at e-chords.com and asked about getting a refund.  The reply I got told me how to cancel the subscription in paypal but failed to address my request for a refund.  I requested a paypal investigation but decided to cancel the complaint since I couldn't be certain if I had or had not requested the subscription.  The bottom line is that I just paid for a year long subscription that I don't want.  Of course, I cancelled the subscription I just paid for but the money is nonetheless gone.  For obvious reasons, I wouldn't recommend e-chords.com to anyone.

New Action: August 27, 2013.  I just received my money back from e-chords via paypal.  At this point, my complaint has been resolved.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

E-CHORDS.COM just ripped me off for $24.45.

I tried to get my money back and they said "you have auto renew setup in paypaf"

I didn't setup auto renew on payment. They did. It's such a ripoff.

Only reason we knew we even had been ripped off is I got the $24.45 pulled from my checking account by some ahole called Peter Maximilian Jordan. My wife did a google on his name and it went to the better business bureau is the only reason we know who he was.

Make sure if you use paypal (they aren't your pal) that you go into account settings and turn off auto renewals.

Regards, Joe Hart

Archived