Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Henderson

Think I've posted this already. Eh, deserves new thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3cqgfuTr-8

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

a Master. 
    Simply fantastic.

Tribal Tech remain one of my very favourite fusion bands of all time. Those cats weren't messing around.

Blog: sixstringobsession
    Subscribe to my YouTube channel

Comment

This must have been the same tour I saw him on. It's about the right year. I recall those huge racks of gear Scott used. They were painfully conspicuous in the dinky little club I saw him in Dallas. I'm with Jeremy, this is one of the few, *very* few fusion acts that still holds up for me after all these years. TT and Allan Holdsworth are about it. Otherwise, I'd rather listen to some solid blues, Dale Watson, Billy Joe Shaver or old jazz.

Comment

• 1001gear
        1001gear commented
        Editing a comment

Scott Henderson put's the sexy into it for sure. That one particular tune especially the studio version just nails me.

I heard "Tore Down House" and "Well to the Bone", not so much of Tribal Tech.

Great sound (gear and fingers wise) and playing, and a healthy dose of humor

I used to be "with it", then they changed what "it" was.
      Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.
      (Abe Simpson)

Comment

• jeremy_green
        jeremy_green commented
        Editing a comment

The Burninator wrote:

I heard "Tore Down House" and "Well to the Bone", not so much of Tribal Tech.

Great sound (gear and fingers wise) and playing, and a healthy dose of humor

Those are two of the best blues-style guitar albums I have heard. Man he can play a blues! Plus that female singer is smokin! Tore Down House is one of my regular spins. Love it.

• 1001gear
        1001gear commented
        Editing a comment

From Dog Party

And my fave,

Working...
    X