RockSmith 2014

Bajazz

• Members

OK, let's talk: Yay or Nay?

Tried bass, rythm and solo mode. Advanced player rythm, experienced solo and beginner bass (but I guess long time guitar player makes me more intermidiate)

Some hours noodling around, and:

YES, This is much better tool than I thought, not a game like rockband or guitar hero. Adaptive difficulty forces you to focus and I must say that the programmers have tweaked the algoritm very nice: Not too hard, not too easy.

If a guitar teacher had told me I'd develop my skills as fast as this last week, I'd gladly give him/her 10x the fee.

• Members

I have the original version.  I thought it did a very solid job.  My issue was it was time.  It was quicker to pick up the guitar and a book than load the game. Also have to steal the TV to play.

I did notice improvement while playing, though I barely qualify as a beginner so there is a lot of room for improvement.  

Hopefully the 2014 version loads quickly.  I thought the cable was a nice edition as well.  Pretty cheap for that cable length and can be hooked to your computer.  I'm considering getting the PC version of 2014 hoping I can get to my computer a little easier than stealing the TV.

• Members

I am going to spend some time with this one. Good things:

- adaptive learning: At first you are given a few notes, and as you nail those, more are added until you got it all. Parts that you know well are gradually faded out until they are completely erased, so you're forced to memorize and play those parts from memory. If you screw it up, they  gradually fade in again, etc.

- nonstop play: add songs to a playlist and set a practice timer for how long you want to play, and songs will play one after each other. A very good thing for us who lack disipline... :-)

- bass, rythm and solo modes, and if you don't have a bass, there's a bass simulation mode.

Things I would want in future updates:

- TAB mode, and old fashion notation, maybe gradually presented, or doubled or something

- Some sort of music theory analyzing, such as inline chord structure, scales, modes and harmonic.

Archived