Breaking News - EarthQuaker Drops The Pyramids

Could this be the ultimate flanger pedal? It sure looks like it has a ton of capabilities and features...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"pyramidspreview-503db13b.jpg","data-attachmentid":32219320}[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube;l4lUzKqfWRM]

I believe Chris is going to be doing a HC review of it soon - stay tuned! :snax:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/earthquaker-drops-the-pyramids

Must be digital if it has presets.

Yup, it's digital (NTTAWWT)

From the link (above):

Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the smash-hit Avalanche Run, Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five user-definable presets (a first for any EarthQuaker Devices pedal!), eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision via the Rate & Tap mini-toggle, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative feedback, and a variable Mix control, which is something you don’t see on a flanger every day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Was really hoping it would cop the EHX Hoax tzf sound but so far i havent heard that. Yeah i know its extreme, but not hearing any analog extreme to it from the demos in the fashion of EHX or Moog, which is what i was hoping for. Still would be awesome to have one around

Was really hoping it would cop the EHX Hoax tzf sound but so far i havent heard that. Yeah i know its extreme' date=' but not hearing any analog extreme to it from the demos in the fashion of EHX or Moog, which is what i was hoping for. Still would be awesome to have one around[/quote']

I'm not sure if it will cop Flanger Hoax sounds convincingly or not... I think they were shooting for their own thing and not trying to emulate other flangers, but through-zero flanging (TZF) is one of those holy grail quests when it comes to flanger pedals - it's an awesome sound, but not that many pedals can do it.

While I have not tried the Pyramids yet, my buddy Chris has, and according to him, it does have a through-zero mode...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/earthquaker-devices-pyramids-flanger

Archived