Blackstar HT-Metal and how to use it

Jimmniverse

• Members

Anyone have any idea how should I wire the HT-Metal pedal into my pedal board? I'm planning to buy one and I'd love to hear some of your thought about better ways to wire it in. I am using a volume by ernieball, Wylde overdrive, flashback delay and a forcefield compressor. My order is guitar -> Compressor -> Overdrive -> Volume -> Delay -> Amp. I really want to use both the output of the HT-Metal: One for the amp and one for a DI out straight into the mix. Thanks guys.

• Members

If you are using this setup just for recording, then go ahead. explore the possibilities.

Otherwise, (live in other word) a hi gain pedal is a thing unto itself. You could opt to put it first but there's your tap dance bypassing the compressor and OD You could put it in right before the delay but you still have the compressor and OD in front. Just switching between the OD and the distortion might be a pain. You'd still have the compressor to deal with. These three devices all compress your signal to varying degrees and the distortion likely the most. Having a compressor in front would easily make mud without judicious tweaking of everything in the signal path. Which is part two of this dilemma. Chances are the settings for everything in the chain will only sound to your liking one way. Add the distortion and you probably have to retweak all that not to mention finding sounds on the Blackstar that you like and sound good with the rest of the stuff.

Archived