[NPD] Boss FZ-5

• Members

Haven't had time to crank it yet but it sounds really good, much better than I anticipated. The Fuzz Face and Maestro modes are killer, and I will most likely have it parked in the Fuzz Face mode, the Ocatavia is very cool but I probably won't be using it much.

APEFlIZ.jpg

• Members
Very cool. HNPD! :cool2:

Believe it or not, I've never tried one. :0

How many modes does it have Travis?

I hadn't heard it either until just a few days ago. I've honestly always heard bad things about it but I think it sounds killer! Its got 3 modes, Fuzz Face, Maestro and Octavia. I want to do a demo of it here soon but work has been really busy lately. Maybe Sunday I can get some clips up.

I hadn't heard it either until just a few days ago. I've honestly always heard bad things about it but I think it sounds killer! Its got 3 modes, Fuzz Face, Maestro and Octavia. I want to do a demo of it here soon but work has been really busy lately. Maybe Sunday I can get some clips up.

Cool - I look forward to hearing it! :cool2:

Do you know which Maestro it's modeling? Is it the FZ-1 or FZ-1A?

• Members

Cool - I look forward to hearing it! :cool2:

Do you know which Maestro it's modeling? Is it the FZ-1 or FZ-1A?

I'm not sure, but it sounds a hell of a lot like Satisfaction so I'm thinking whatever that one was.

Been playing with this thing as often as I can get just haven't had much time lately. Tomorrow I will get to use it at band practice and really open it up, I'll try to get a quick recording of it then and Thursday I have the day off so I'll sit down and do an actual demo.

I'm not sure, but it sounds a hell of a lot like Satisfaction so I'm thinking whatever that one was.

Keith Richards used an original Maestro FZ-1 on Satisfaction. :) Of the two, it's the more desirable / valuable version on the vintage market.

Been playing with this thing as often as I can get just haven't had much time lately. Tomorrow I will get to use it at band practice and really open it up, I'll try to get a quick recording of it then and Thursday I have the day off so I'll sit down and do an actual demo.

:thu:

• Members

yeah, they pan it pretty hard over on tgp. it's like 5th gen cosm modeling or so by now. line 6, atomic, axefx, & kemper are getting pretty good at it too. (i have a source audio kingmaker in the mail)

hnpd, glad it's working for you

Sounds pretty good in this demo.

[video=youtube;fMfXyPEx0Rc]

The first and last settings sounded pretty good to me, but I wasn't knocked out by the middle one. YMMV.

I really wish GIbson would re-issue the Maestro FZ-1 again. I should have bought one the last time the did. I've been kind of kicking myself for not doing so...

I used to have a Tycobrahe Octavia, but I didn't really like it and gave it away. That was before the prices skyrocketed on them. There's a couple on Reverb right now for $3,500.

Archived