Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor for slaving?

Yak-C

• Members

Hi guys,

first post here, newbie alert :).

I got a question: Can I run a H&K Tube Factor overdrive pedal safely into the slave in of a Laney GH50L head? I'd like to try more (clean) sound options, but wouldn't want to fry my amp.

This is what the manuals say: the Tube Factor's output is 2K ohms, max output level preamp on: +6 dB / preamp off: +12 dB. The Laney's slave OUT is an unbalanced line level output, so that probably tells me something about the slave in, too.

Thanks for your info - much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Guys, thanks for your replies! I wondered why I didn't get any notifications and just logged in again. Sorry for my late reaction!

@Mr.Grumpy: Yeah, I tried it, however it sounded pretty dull, lost much high-end. Was worth a try.

@1001gear: looks something different - the effects loop is elsewhere. The slave-in or slave-out sockets allow to bypass the whole preamp section, or to send your preamp signal to another power amplifier.

• Members
Guys, thanks for your replies! I wondered why I didn't get any notifications and just logged in again. Sorry for my late reaction!

@Mr.Grumpy: Yeah, I tried it, however it sounded pretty dull, lost much high-end. Was worth a try.

@1001gear: looks something different - the effects loop is elsewhere. The slave-in or slave-out sockets allow to bypass the whole preamp section, or to send your preamp signal to another power amplifier.

Ok. that's a serial insert or loop. The TF is basically a preamp so it should drive the amp section nicely. Putting the TF between the two IDK. I have a TF and I've never been able to distort the clean "factor". Never really overloaded it though; expensive 12ax7 to wear out.

Archived