Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember me? The artist formerly known as UnkleSlam?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember me? The artist formerly known as UnkleSlam?

My name is Brad. I was a very active member for around 10 years. I used to own a store called Tone Factor back in the day. Then I founded and operated Mojo Hand Fx until 2015. Who’s left from the old school days?

Not too many unfortunately. I was Travvybear and Nirvana728 back in the day. I still pop in every other day or so.
    http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Mr. Fee!
      .com/

Comment

Hey Brad, it's good to see you! What have you been up to?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Brad, if you'd like your old user name back, just drop me a PM and we'll see if we can make it happen for you.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Hey i just came back too. Noticed theres not many of the old gang. .

Oh well, miss the FS and trade threads. explored tje classifed ads and noticed very little movement.

Hppe we can get this ball rolling, any of you wanna sell me a capatain cocconut without wanting to scam (stupid priced) me. 😉
            GOT TONE?

Comment

Hey B

I don't think I've posted here in about five years. It was cool when it was more or less a free for all and there was some camaraderie.
              I miss a whole lot of people from this place. Some are still active elsewhere, but it's not the same.

Back then there was no way a day old thread was still on page 1 unless it had 100+ replies. I guess it makes Phil's job easier.
              Visit the Subdecay Website!Follow Subdecay on facebook & you could win a free pedal.

Comment

hi brad and brian, how is life?
                i'm still tempted to buy an octasynth but haven't pulled the trigger
                i have my quasar dlx but it has currently no space on my board

somehow i also miss the old days here. facebook twitter and co are not the same. but i don't know the post frequency would be the same as at in the day, i would not be able to keep up the pace and read most of them cause i do not have the time anymore

put with regular visits and a post here and there we can give this place more life and maybe more people visit then more often again

Comment

I hear ya. I have two kids now. I'd never have time like I used to. Social media kinda took a lot of the wind out of forums. I imagine most of us from the early 2000s are all late 30s or 40s and have a lot more responsibilities than we did in our 20s.
                  Visit the Subdecay Website!Follow Subdecay on facebook & you could win a free pedal.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                    Phil O'Keefe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very true.

Congrats on the kids Brian!

two kids too, the older is already 8 the younger will be 3 next month, 43 is the age, what is the thing you mentioned called time? or was it spare time? its complete unknown stranger to me

Comment

Originally posted by b__rad View Post
                    My name is Brad. I was a very active member for around 10 years. I used to own a store called Tone Factor back in the day. Then I founded and operated Mojo Hand Fx until 2015. Who’s left from the old school days?
                    So Brad, what have you been up to lately?

- George Carlin

Comment

Brad was always ready to jump into discussion without advertising his company. I remember many threads on many boards where Brian would tell us nah dude you cloned that wrong, try this. Blackout and PaulC were always up for a discussion.

I was really hoping the site revamp would take off, if only to preserve the glut of useful information posted here.

PS: Phil I was going to call for a mixing session a while ago but couldn't find your site. Hope you're doing well!

Comment

Working...
                      X